Monday, February 17, 2014

We Heart Libby and Matthew

And from all evidence, they love us, too.

Valentine's has somehow become our craftiest holiday.

Libby came home from school last Monday (the last day she's been lately due to snow and an already-scheduled winter break) with her Valentine's for us. She brought home  "stained glass" heart, a bookmark with thumb-print hearts all down it and a card for us.


Yes, the card reads, "I love Daddy because: I want him to stay with me all the time!" and "I love Mommy because: I want to be with her all the time!" She does tell me that regularly at night when I'm putting her to bed, but it's great to hear that she says it to other people, too!

And here's how cute she looked!


She worked so hard on her Valentine's cards for her friends and family near and far. She wroter her name in every one.



We can't wait until Thursday when the kids will actually get to have their Valentine's party and do the exchange.

Of course, she's with her true Valentine every day. Boy does that girl love her baby brother.


And Daddy made it home for Valentine's night. We went to a great family Valentine's dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant, of course!

Then, we had a few gifts to exchange back at home. Libby opened all of them for us.



Libby got some special make-up (powder, blush (both nearly completely used) and lip gloss) and a cute pink bag for it. AND pink hot chocolate. The hot chocolate was a big hit. She drank it in record time on Saturday morning. As for the make-up, she's "putting it on" every morning and practicing on herself and me with the lip gloss a lot. I'm sure she'll be over it soon, but it's been cute to see her being so girly.



She also got a couple of cute t-shirts for Spring/Summer.


Libby and Matthew made us the pretty frame with her handprint and his footprint. Libby painted the whole thing grey herself - three coats! and decorated it with the "love" stickers and heart stickers. Yep, I sucked it up and did a painting project with them. We had to do something special for their wonderful grandmas - and we got one, too. I also ordered photos for inside the frame, but the snow kept me from getting to the store to actually pick them up.


As for the canvas with the footprint hearts - what a surprise! Matthew and Libby did that one with Mimi's creative planning and Gigi's assistance - while I was in the house. I had no idea. I was upstairs working and they lucked out that I was truly glued to my spot. Libby kept the secret and I never had a clue.


Matthew got a card and a couple of outfits for Spring/Summer himself.

With two Valentines this year, it was our sweetest yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment