Of course the year has flown by. Especially with a guy who, leaving school today, comes out with expression like, "It sure is a nice day today, Mama."
And on Saturday before I left for a special work event (my boss was the speaker at graduation at my high school) told me, "You look so cute, Mama!"
And after his Daddy took him to Chick-fil-A for breakfast later that morning, told him, "I'm glad we did this."
And earlier last week, with excitement over his new pj's said, "That sure is a good lookin' shirt!"
Then, we have Libby attending her first slumber party last weekend, too! She spent the night at Emily's house and was one of only two girls to stay all night. She had a ball. I may have gotten a little teary that night when it really hit me that she was spending the night out, without us, not with family!
And this week, she started swim team again! And brought home the drawing and item below reming us that that we can help the Earth, by "piking up cash." How do I sign up to help the Earth in that way?!
But back to Matthew. Yesterday, we got to spend some nice time together with Oma and Riley at the Chattahoochee Nature Center! It had been awhile since we'd all been able to get together, and this time, it was also all over our first time at the Chattahoochee Nature Center. What a neat little place. I look forward to taking Michael and Libby next time. It's not free, so I guess that's part of what has kept us away. It's won't be a regular thing, but we did have a nice morning, and I look forward to exploring further. Here, you see Matthew and Riley's fairy house creation (as suggested by the center.) They were really proud.
Also, Oma brought us Chick-fil-a for lunch, so that was an extra treat!
Today before school, Matthew and I went to vote in the primary election happening next Tuesday. It's a big one for us, so we were glad to go early and make sure our vote counts! Matthew charmed the other voters and the poll workers, too! You can see that he earned TWO "I'm a Georgia Voter" stickers for his cuteness.
Today was his last day though, with his sweet teachers, from left to right below, Ms. Suzanne, Ms. Angela, Ms. Ferne and Ms. Michelle. They all very much loved each other, and his teachers wrote really nice things in his "Oh the Places You'll Go!" book that he'll get upon preschool graduation.
As we left, Ms. Suzanne told me that if he doesn't join the diplomatic corps, he will have missed his calling!
We do all know that he loves to make friends. He had such a fun year and brought home several special pieces of art, along with a book of his art and photos from throughout the year, and a "beach book" full of beach animal art.
I knew that Libby especially would be excited to see the book of art and photos, and as soon as she got home, she was delighted to see it. So I grabbed the camera for when she looked through it. She thought I was taking photos and really didn't know that I was recording it.
And this video is a nice glimpse of Matthew's activity while you read to him. He LOVES to have you read to him, and will grab a book he's memorized and "read" it in the car out loud, which Libby would never do. But unless he's in your lap, he's often rather active.
You can hear how well he speaks. And he really does speak loudly and clearly. He receives compliments on it regularly, and I want to tell everyone, but he's been speaking that same way since he was about a year and a half! But he truly has grown this year beyond just physically. The book he brought home had him at 34 1/2 inches and 30 pounds when school began and 36 1/4 inches and 35 pounds at year end.
Matthew is friendly, he charms everyone, and he has our hearts.
We are both thankful and proud that his first year of school has gone so well.
I only had a few tears while looking at the book Libby was ga-ga over, and got choked up as I both dropped him off and picked him up today. I love him!




No comments:
Post a Comment