Well, it's May 1, and it's my first blog post of the year. This is definitely a new record for a late start to the blog for the year.
It's been a busy year, and I have been unable to keep up with everything. The few minutes I possibly could blog in the morning,I'd rather not have Matthew watch me sitting at my computer even more than he already gets to, so I choose to do things with him or even just exercise and hope he will join me!
I haven't even been taking as may photos lately either. Just getting through the day sane has taken most everything I have. Near-constant prayer and reminders to take deep breaths is involved.
We've had a lot going on personally and professionally. I'm not sure if things have normalized a bit or if instead this is just our "new normal."
Either way, there is way too much to cover. So I'll start here.
The school year is nearly over, and our kids have grown tremendously this year.
Their current favorite movie is "The Greatest Showman." I got to take them just before it left the theater. They loved it, and the Easter Bunny brought me the soundtrack a week later. Matthew sings the soundtrack and asks to listen to it constantly. He carries Alexa outside, upstairs, wherever- after always first asking permission. And we listen to it constantly in the car.
And Libby got braces last week!
This person...
...now looks like this!
Plus, we were very fortunate that our sweet grandparents shared with us their special furniture. We finally finished our room over the garage in January. So our FROG is done, and it's the kids' playroom! It looks amazing. Here are a few photos from when they were just finishing up. Perhaps I'll post more later!
That meant we got our dining room space again. And now we have furniture for it. I said goodbye two weeks ago to our original china cabinet, but I think our new one fits even better. I'm in love with it. We also have a table.
We had our inaugural meal -- our Sunday breakfast -- there last weekend.
We also got new bookshelves made by my Boobus, plus new patio furniture!
Matthew loves the bookcase that was moved to his room, too.
He told me that I should be sure to send Mema and Boobus a thank you! (Yes, I did!)
Earlier this spring, I got to go to the Benz with Michael and our friends, the Lights. We had a great time watching Atlanta United win BIG, 5-0, and celebrating Michael's birthday!
Plus, I stepped out of my comfort zone to deliver a presentation for my friend's new national nonprofit, Women Influencers Network in mid-April. The organization held their first workshop in Atlanta, and I was a practitioner who got to present about "Finding Your Niche" as you kickoff a political campaign. The organization's mission is one I believe in, so it was an easy "yes." One of the attendees snapped this photo for me. (It was a rainy day so -- frizzy hair.)
More to come soon perhaps!
6 years ago









No comments:
Post a Comment