Monday, September 19, 2011

Imagine This... if you can!

Picture it: your 20 month-old has already eaten a couple of servings of mixed vegetables at lunch.  Now, you're sitting down to dinner with your 20 month-old child.  You're both eating a Three-Mustard, Creamy Chicken delightful dish with roasted sweet potato bites and steamed broccoli.  Your 20 month old snarfs down the broccoli, eats up her sweet potatoes, two bites of cut-up chicken (which she does generally like over-all) and requests more broccoli.  And then more!  So in the end, you wind up eating more of her chicken and she eats your broccoli!  Isn't this supposed to go the other way around?!  

But what a delight!  And it's no wonder Libby stays so petite, (though tall). Thank goodness for whole milk and yogurt!  We should all be taking a page from Libby's book, I guess.  

She also practices her "up, down, touch your toes" exercise while Pooh does it on the video now (so cute).  

Last night, we tried something a bit adventurous - and Daddy loved it!  (But B mostly passed, preferring to eat her peas and some leftover hamburger. ...well, she does tend to like her red meat!)  

Fig-Prosciutto Pizza by the Pioneer Woman.  I varied the recipe slightly, as I had ricotta, rather than mozzarella cheese on hand, and I also prefer the prosciutto baked right along with the pizza.  But otherwise tasty and a fun change from the usual!  (Oh, also bought the pizza dough in the bakery at Publix (their 5-Grain Italian was perfect!))


No comments:

Post a Comment