First though, on Tuesday, she had her second dentist appointment ever and got a great report with no cavities. My big, brave girl even went to the back with the hygienist and dentist all by herself! She said they read her "101 Dalmatians" and she cried, but "only just a little" during the cleaning. She came out with a big grin, two "smile" stickers featuring Mickey Mouse and friends and a small bouncy ball, along with her new blue toothbrush and cover. She shared one of the stickers with me (she'd much rather I wear most of them - perhaps because she can see them better?) and noted that none of the characters actually had teeth except for Goofy. Smart girl!
On Wednesday morning, Michael headed out of town for work, so Libby, Commissioner and I packed up and headed to my parents' house to visit with my grandparents who were in town for a few days, aunt and cousins! Of course, during this time, I got NO pictures! Libby had a ball making a mess with her toys in the living room and playing with everyone there at her beck and call. She even got to sleep in her sleeping bag, which she'd been asking to do ever since we returned from the beach. I think she's officially had a two-week vacation and is so wiped out that she needs a vacation from her vacation. (As does Commissioner, apparently.) Wednesday night, Libby even got her favorite meal from her favorite spot in Rome: fried okra and black-eyed peas from Pick-o-Deli! ...and she apparently got it again Thursday night, along with a slice of pizza and a mini cupcake for dessert!
On Thursday, I had to scoot back home in the afternoon, along with Commissioner and went to bed embarrassingly early. But I just have not been sleeping well at all, so I'm doing what I can to grab an extra wink here of there (the two times it's been possible) so I can get through the day.
As I mentioned above, she continued to party without me - mainly in her pj's for a large portion of the day, but then out to dinner.
On Friday, Mimi, Sarah and Millie brought her home to us but Millie stayed to spend the night! She got to enjoy our regular Friday night dinner of Mexican food and Libby sure loved having her there.
We rose early on Saturday to get going to Mercier Orchards in Blue Ridge for blueberry picking before it was too late! We picked on the last day of the season, which is just cutting it too close! Aunt Toni and Uncle John beat us there, and got most of the photos below - thanks! I wish I had some of them, too, but I was preoccupied with the specific task at hand!
Libby was eating blueberries as fast as we could pick them. I think she picked maybe 30? But then she'd start taking some deemed unacceptable by her from our baskets and dropping them on the ground! Good grief. Then, she got the message that we weren't big fans of that method and toward the end, running out of acceptable berries on the bushes, she kept reaching into our baskets and eating what we'd already collected!
She was definitely ready when we called it quite to go inside and grab our treats from the bakery. She made a pit stop on the tractor and then chose an apple cider donut to take with us. We considered eating at a BBQ place we enjoyed up there when we went apple picking last fall, but Libby was just ready to get home. We both fell asleep briefly, but she really fell asleep hard. Poor ole thing!
She didn't do a lot of napping after we got home, but I did! And she enjoyed some quiet time in bed after lunch, at least. Then, Sarah arrived to babysit while Michael and I went to a stateside post-wedding reception for a friend/co-worker of mine who was married in Portugal in May. It was a lovely evening and great to see all of the beautiful photos from their wedding. And because we were out anyway, we made reservations in advance at The Chicken and the Egg in Marietta, a farm-to-table restaurant that opened over a year ago and I'd been wanting to try out. Michael and I clinked our glasses and told each other "Happy Anniversary," as it's close to the date and a little bit nicer place- certainly moreso than our typical spots. We really had a delicious meal and dessert and even found lots to talk about that didn't revolve around Libby or Maeby! We DO have other things in common! I'm ready to go back again soon. I highly recommend the Georgia shrimp and sweet corn gnocchi.
And we returned home to hear that Libby and Sarah's dinner took an hour and a half to EAT (after they made the pizza), because Libby's tickle-box had turned over. Every time Sarah said something about, "just goofin'," Libby would burst out into hysterical laughter and it required something like six trips to the bathroom! They apparently spent a lot of time playing with balloons too, because there were close to 20 all over the place and Sarah had even made one into a fish shape! I'm so glad Libby got so much cousin - and family - time in this week and weekend. We hope we can get even more great-grandparent time in soon.
Today, Libby and I made blueberry muffins from our bounty of blueberries for breakfast this morning. I feel sure that there will be lots of baking going on this week. I already froze one whole basket of berries for later use and likely will freeze more. Meanwhile, I plan on some baked goods we can also eat some of now and freeze for later.
While I went to a group pedicure for my friends who are all pregnant with our second in book club, Michael and Libby played "driveway ball," ate lunch, played "Steeplechase," balloons, etc. Her imagination is really growing!
But back to my pedicure. We had a lovely light lunch while we were pampered of cheese, crackers, grapes, Perrier or flavored water, petit fours and brownies. What a fun treat!
Nadine - on the far left - just had her first sweet boy, Finn, in December, so she hasn't yet joined us on this little "Part Deux" adventure. And she kindly took this photo of those of us "with child." We're lined up in order of due date- Mandy- Aug. 22, Lindsi- Sept. 25, Kristi and me - Oct. 15! We also got to celebrate Kristi and Neil's good news of a contract on their house so they can move up closer to the rest of us! I hope their house-scouting up here went well this afternoon!
And Mandy even brought us all little gifts! Maeby received her/his first piece of clothing, this sweet yellow terry-cloth onesie and baby travel shampoo, lotion, etc. The onesie is so tiny and cute. I can't believe we'll have a new baby to fit in it in a matter of months! And we'll get to snuggle Mandy's little one even sooner! And check out the napkins by Lindsi- "Has anyone seen my hormones?" is what it says. I told her I was afraid my family was all too aware of my hormones!
Libby remains extremely loving with me and when I woke her up from her nap this afternoon, she grabbed me around the neck, pulled me onto the bed close to her and said, "Mama, you're back. Stay with me and snuggle. You should stay here all the time." Ahhh those sweet words. I love them and am putting them down in writing here for when she's a teenager and even though I know she really feels that way in her heart... may not always want to say those words.
And one more classic at dinner. She ate a great dinner and wanted the other half of her Mercier donut for dessert. Just about half-way through (the half of a donut), she said, "I'm not gonna eat all the rest of this donut now, because it's too much for a little Libby." ...and my tickle-box was nearly knocked over!







No comments:
Post a Comment