I didn't get to talk to Libby that evening, but she left me the funniest and sweet message. I'm kind of glad I didn't get to so that I could save her cute message to listen to any time I might feel like it! I was seriously pretty worn out after all the driving, but I'm recovering now.
I also got to attend the first Atlanta Braves game I've been to since before Libby was born with my coworkers on Tuesday night. Thankfully we won and we really had a nice time!
Libby had an obviously great time with Mimi and Daddy back here at home. She got to play with Ty and Oma after her gymnastics class on Wednesday for a couple of hours, I think, and then they went to lunch so she could enjoy some fried okra! I got to hear about that in her voicemail with lots of prompting. But I was home in time for dinner on Thursday, and got to spend the whole day with my Miss B on Friday.
We got to take it a bit slow on Friday morning and then it was off to swim lesson with Mrs. Mechelle. Libby was using her huge scooping arms with her arms out of the water, dove (with a helping push) for a toy on the bottom of the pool, practiced her floating, great kicking legs.
Then, Libby and I went over to Aunt Mandy's for some lunch, playing, and time with John Luke.
| Love those soft, sweet, on the shoulder cuddly moments. |
Friday night we got to do our usual Mexican dinner out and had a lovely, fun and fairly relaxing Saturday. Gigi and Papa came while Libby napped, so we got to spend some time with both of them before Libby took over Papa. Michael made the whole dinner himself on the grill and Gigi brought chocolate pot de creme for dessert. I didn't have any idea how much I was craving that?! Okay, I probably wasn't craving it, but it really hit the spot. Yum! Oh- AND I got to watch the Dawgs whoop up on the Gamecocks. Score!
Today was Libby's first Sunday School class! She did a great job. Apparently most of the 3-4 year old class was new, so mostly they met each other and played today. She told us one girl in her class is named Lucy and we met a bunch of other parents in the parenting Sunday School class. The next few weeks we have the class for new members before we join anyway, but it was good to meet some of the parents of other kids at church. In fact, one boy in her class, Robbie, is in the fours at St. Cats, too. And another family from our old church is joining this fall, as well.
Tonight, we ate some delicious BBQ for dinner that the Arnolds gave us when we visited on Friday. So... no cooking again for me! And then we used a little treat they'd given us a little while back to have a fun dessert out at Coldstone Creamery. Libby very much enjoyed her trademark chocolate ice cream with gummy bears.
Tomorrow, Libby gets to do the early drop-off at her school. I told her about it a couple of times today so that she knows what to expect and she has been completely nonplussed about it. Our big girl is getting so big and mature! She's playing by herself for much longer periods of time now and is so much more creative in her play. I feel these skills will be coming in rather handy with a new brother or sister arriving on the scene soon.
In sad news this weekend, a teacher who was one of Michael's favorites and mine, died on Saturday morning. He was a great teacher and a great person who touched many lives throughout his own. I was so blessed to have many amazing teachers and there are a number I keep up with. Not necessarily day-to-day, but over the years, yes. Mr. Awsumb was one. He didn't agree with my politics, but that never mattered deep down. In addition to Humanities, he also taught cinema classes at our school and I know he had a very direct impact on some of our friends who also became teachers or followed careers in the arts. If you check out my blog roll on the right, you'll see his blog, "Awesome Opines." It makes me sad to know I won't be getting another update. On the other hand, all those who have been touched by his life are better people because of it. We are blessed that we did know him.
And on Friday afternoon, I heard great news that my good friend, Sheridan, found a new job! I even had the great privilege of serving as a reference. Sheridan never wants to admit it, but she was my boss for a number of years, but she was and I learned so much from her. I miss working with her every day, but I'm thrilled she's happy back in D.C. and now with a great new job, too.
My grandparents are moving much closer this week, too.
So many great pieces are falling in to place. So thankful.






No comments:
Post a Comment