Friday, October 4, 2013

Cherish Each Moment

I've been off work since Monday afternoon due to the partial government shutdown. And my aunt passed away quite unexpectedly last Friday. I'm not ready to say much about that and may not ever on the blog. I will say she's one of the aunts for whom I was named and she and her girls have always been special to me. It was never more fun to visit my grandparents' house than when they were visiting, too. While I've been cherishing these last days of Libby being my "only child," perspective is everything and this event has caused me to cherish everything even more.

Due to the funeral, Libby did get to see and meet a lot of her cousins and great-great aunts and uncles- some of whom she'd never met and I hadn't seen in years. We went to Savannah and back and due to logistics, just spent the night in a hotel this time. Libby's first hotel. We tried to make it a fun adventure for her and she truly was into that aspect. She even chose the pull-out sofa bed in the other semi-room to sleep on so she'd have her own space. I know she and a sibling would have had a ball with that. Michael took her all around the hotel, so now she knows where he stays (hotels) when he goes out of town for work and we Skype with him in the evenings.

She was so good during the service and with all the people, mood, hugging, tears, etc. She always makes us so proud and as we knew, this was no exception. She brought lots of joy to many to needed it at this particular time - especially when she was enjoying her cousin, Ryleigh. They had a really nice time being together and we need to try to see them more often. The Arnolds came to our rescue yet again by keeping Commissioner.

Libby's been on fall break for the last two days and we have a couple more to go. She spent last night with Gigi and Papa while I had a full doctor's appointment. She'd been asking to visit overnight and of course, they had, too! It was a nice favor for me, too. We got to visit Mema and Boobus before Gigi took her home, so that was a great treat, too. Libby loved the "fish bowl" at their house this time. I got to sleep in a bit this morning (needed!) and get some errands done, have a nice lunch with Nadine and Finn and even get a pedicure. I'm not sure how much longer til Maeby makes a debut, but I was told yesterday after my check that it could happen at any time and as "soon as [I] feel something different" to get to the hospital ASAP if I was planning on a epidural, because Maeby is sitting on ready and they don't expect it to take long once things really get underway.

Libby and the love of her life.
Glad we had our new dishwasher installed on Monday - and our new garbage disposal, too.

We also took a quick trip to pick apples the other day. I haven't done much with them yet except share them, bake a few and eat them. Better get to baking soon!

Waiting to pick apples.
Libby did a great job picking and found, tasted and brought home several "Libby-sized" apples. She loved bringing one to school on Monday.

She also got to meet Riley Pearson, who joined us in the world last week on Sept. 25, 2013! He's just precious and now I've gotten to see him twice, since I harassed his parents in the hospital in addition to bringing the family by (okay, also brought some food) on Sunday.

So now it's just Kristi and me on the race for who's next. I have another appointment next Thursday with the doc, but that's only if no news before then.

Sorry I haven't been blogging, but you can wee that we've had our hands rather full and I've been rather tired. This weekend, I'm hoping to get in a hair cut and maybe a massage before baby arrives, because my back has been really hurting. Next update... sometime!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what to say. It's happiness in the upcoming birth and yet sadness at the passing of your Aunt Marsha. "Life goes on" seems too simple...........Love, GiGi

    ReplyDelete