Libby went with Ty to day camp at their gymnastics place yesterday for the first time and it sounded like they had a great time. I'm guessing I'll send her back at some point. They usually do these during school holidays. Apparently they had a full class, so it's good we called early! It allowed me a bit of time to do some work on her birthday, but with the traffic and number of folks at stores, not to mention lugging Matthew around with me, I didn't get as much done as I would have liked. Glad I have some more time! I guess I could look at it as being ahead of the game? In the afternoon, Libby helped me make more Oreo balls- her first time and she did a great job helping me roll them into balls. She lost interest just as she was really getting the hang of it, but she had skipped her nap (to my dismay - see above re: tired), so maybe that was it?
The kiddos have started bathing together this week. Libby's been super sweet and cute about it. She can often be a little mother to Matthew... and sometimes I ask her to help me out with him by keeping an eye on him while he's on his activity mat while I say, run to the restroom. Sometimes she's into it and other times, not so much. Just as expected! But she mostly wants to love on him all the time.
We took them to visit Santa on Saturday and it went great! The mall opened at 8 a.m. and we were there by probably 8:10 a.m. and maybe third in line with just one or tow other families behind us? Since we got going so early on a Saturday, we didn't have a full breakfast before we left, so that meant a trip to Waffle House on the way home, as Libby remembered the eating out tradition with visiting Santa and asked for somewhere she could have hash browns. So it was Matthew's first trip, too. He slept through it! We actually got a bunch of cute photos with Santa and Matthew didn't cry or anything. We did find out that Libby apparently wants a green slinky in addition to a green jump rope! Yep, found that out the Saturday before Christmas. Great. Santa's helpers (at least three!) worked on the double to make sure gets her wish. So I believe it will indeed be fulfilled at Christmas, to say the least!
And later on Saturday, Mimi and I had the "mountain ladies' tea" at Ann's house, which was lovely. This meant that Michael got to give Matthew a couple of bottles. It was his first time feeding Math and he was so proud to share that Matthew had NO spit-ups! Humph.
On Sunday, Sheridan and Jim got to come meet Matthew and the Pearsons came over for a brief visit, too!
Today, Daddy's home for Christmas Eve. We look forward to more fun with friends, Christmas Eve service at church and our traditional Paradise Grill visit, too.
Also a few things re: Matthew's preferences. He's becoming flirty with the girls (Mimi reminded me how Libby was flirty with the men)! He also has a major sucking need. He likes his paci when he needs it - generally in the evenings after he's eaten and prefers it as he's calming himself to go to sleep for naps and sometimes right as he goes to sleep in the bed. Usually just eating and going straight to bed works pretty well for him, though. Since Libby never took a paci, but discovered her own tongue, this is a great thing and not such a great thing. :) Paci-hunting is a regular activity for me, now. He's getting much more used to the bath, is good about letting me clip his nails and prefers to be pretty clean and dry diaper-wise. Libby would have sat contently in a dirty diaper for half the day, but Matthew does not like it to be too full of tee-tee. If he's fussing fussing and you don't know why, change is diaper and 9 times out of 10, he'll perk right up!
Merry Christmas! (And some day, maybe I'll get to posting about Thanksgiving...)


No comments:
Post a Comment