It has been tough to keep the blog up this month. I'm doing my best to just keep up in general. I try to keep up with our friends, but that's been kind of tough at times due to everyone's schedules, too.
But in the last week or so, I managed a several hour long dinner with Mandy, since we hadn't really seen each other, and definitely not caught up, in probably four months. Michael and I managed dinner with the Pearsons with my birthday as an excuse - and even better - Sarah got to babysit the kids! Michael and I even got to catch up with each other with an extra glass of wine and a walk around Marietta Square afterward. We caught up with my parents on Sunday after their trip to Alaska. AND last night, I got to catch up with "alumni" from my office.
But this keeping up with people, my family and the work load, has led to some late nights! I'm pretty tired, which is why I'm blogging now instead of standing up and ironing the TALL pile I have currently. I did accomplish a relatively high amount of stuff, though, in the last two days. Okay, I accomplish a lot most days. It's just that I have to adjust my expectations sometimes, and I just don't love doing that.
Matthew is trying his hardest to keep up with Libby, too. Those top teeth are giving him a bit of a tough time. He hasn't been eating quite as much, and he's indicating when would rather just get down than eat any more. He did LOVE the mac and cheese I made the other day to go with Michael's delicious BBQ on the egg. He also took SEVEN steps today. Walking is coming soon. Help me, because that boy can climb, reach and has some kind of determination. Oh my. Guess I'll be getting my cardio in now!
And Libby and I now get to also keep up with homework every day after school. I mean, it's just a sheet of work each day with activities such as practicing writing the letter of the week or filling her letter bag, but shoot. She's in Pre-K! We try to go ahead and do it right after her snack.
Libby also started ballet this week! I got to sneak a peak at the end and they were so adorable. It nearly made me cry. I'll pop up a photo of her in her full ensemble next week, as she had to wear a swimsuit with her ballet slippers and pink tights because her leotard hadn't arrived yet (we looked all over and everyone was out of her size!)
It truly did made me so happy that she had fun.
And now, I have to do a few more things on the list so I can try to catch up with my bed!
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment