Sunday, March 22, 2015

First Movie Theater Movie

Seriously, I just took Libby to her first full-length movie (that she hasn't previously seen) at a movie theater today. Unfortunately, earlier in the day she guess that the surprise was going to be that I was taking her to the Fox Theater. Hmm, neighborhood theater isn't *quite* the Fox - especially not ours that could really use a renovation.

But when I told her we were going to see the new "Cinderella," she was excited anyway. Plus, we both forgot that it had the short "Frozen Fever" on beforehand.

The short was very cute and it was good to see our Frozen friends after the big movie finale. Elsa's trying hard to make up for the many years of estrangement between Anna and her.

Anywho, "Cinderella" was great! We both liked and and Libby pointed out that it was "longer than most of my movies at home." It was a bit longer, plus, no songs like the animated one and not exactly a fast pace. We had talked beforehand though about how to act at a movie theater and she followed the rules really quite well. She did sit on my lap for a few minutes and stood up for a few minutes too, but again, she was REALLY good. I was especially proud of us both for keeping it together when a child in front of us "yacked" in the seats, and again on the way out with his/her mom. I thought we may have to move seats, but we didn't have to move after all. Gross. But I did feel for said mother AND child. Poor things.

Made for a more memorable first movie experience, for sure. I have no doubt these details will be among the first Libby shares when retelling this tale.

Also this weekend, Sarah came to babysit Saturday morning while Michael was at work and I had a work meeting, too. Of course the kids had a blast and it was great to see Sarah. She has a puppy named "Pickles" (who is 40 lbs. of pit bull mix and did not some with her), and Matthew loves saying the word "pickes," now. Also, he says the cutest, "I dunno." like today when I asked him where his pants were after he and Daddy had been out in the rain stomping in puddles and they were all wet. He also told us, "I'm funny," and just laughed and laughed after we told him we thought he was funny.

Yesterday afternoon while he had a much-needed nap, Libby and I went out on a beautiful day so she could practice her bicycling (she's doing better every time) and then just put a blanket in the back yard, read, cuddled and enjoyed each other and the day. It was SO nice - even if I did have stuff I should have been doing - it was nice to just have an hour like that to enjoy each other.

I love those sweet babies oh so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment