Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Parties, Gymnastics and Get-Togethers, Oh My!

It's Christmas, so I'm behind on my posting. This year, I don't have a big trip to Disney to blame. I'm up-to-date (finished) with Christmas wrapping, and ahead of the game in many ways. But I just haven't had a lot of time or energy to blog.

Last week, Libby's cookies for class were a hit at her party. I was sad not to get to go, but I've gotten to host the Christmas party at school in the past, so it was fine. I also got to host Matthew's school party on Thursday! The kids were precious chowing down on their pizza, grapes and strawberries (see how we had the red and green going there - and white if you count the cheese on the pizza)?


They also had some highly frosted and decorated cookies for their treat as well.


And what about double-fisting it?!


We played and had a little dance party that Matthew and a few of the kids were into, along with me. And they loved putting stickers on a reindeer picture, too. Then, they were worn out!


He brought us home a precious little ornament his teachers helped him make too, using his thumb print to make reindeer.

Also last week, I had the "Mountain Ladies Tea." We think we've been doing this now for 14 or so years! I missed the first few since I was still in college. This year's venue was the Swan Coach House. It was great fun! Not as many teas from which to choose, but they kept us topped off and the champagne flowing.


ALSO, the food was really delicious. The gingerbread cookies, shrimp salad cups, chicken salad sammies and meringue mousse swans were my favorites.

This past weekend, we had several special events, too. Libby had her first gymnastics performance on Friday night and it was just so cute.

You can view most of the videos on our YouTube page. Videos are linked below.

Intro
Bars
Bars 2
Beam
Vault/Tumbling

It was really fun watching her bounce around and do her thing. She loves her class and I think several of the elements she could have done more on her own here, but I appreciate that the coaches were looking out for the kids so they didn't get injured or make a big mistake in front of a crowd. Sweet babies! This was the first time the gym had done this type or performance for the parents too, and they did a great job. I loved the real "gymnastics meet" feel with everyone rotating the elements. Also, it sped the whole thing along a bit. :) We got some special milkshake treats on the way home.













Here was the real prize! Matthew was very proud and they did some big squeezy hugging.


But she also got a medal.



And she was so proud of herself that she agreed to POSE for a few photos!


And just a few minutes of general playtime at the end was required, too.


Saturday saw one of my favorite Christmas traditions of more recent years: Christmas morning brunch with the Arnolds (all in our pjs!)

I made the Pioneer Woman's cinnamon baked french toast, per Nick's request, and he made sausage balls, per my request - so the food was great. But the company was even better. It was cold, but the kids bundled up to hit the big backyard and enjoy the swing and other entertainment out there.

We don't get to hang out nearly enough, so it was great to just be able to catch up. We also did some present-opening.







We are totally spoiled. The rest of Saturday, the Gordons did yard work! We did our last bit of leaf clean-up and put down pinestraw. I snapped a photo on Monday for proof (even though you can't really tell. But it looks great. Of course, it's supposed to rain inches and storm over the next several days, so who knows after that, but at least our newer plantings from last spring in the back yard are as protected as we can make them. And apologies to the Arnolds that the yard wasn't 100 percent for their visit. HA!


I was so tired that night that I fell asleep about half-way through "Love Actually." I kept trying to wake back up to watch, but I could NOT keep my eyes open.

Sunday was church and "Garden Nights Holiday Lights" at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens, so I'll have a post of that hopefully tomorrow. And last night we had the Fullers over for Christmas dinner and catch-up fun! Sadly, I got NO photos. But the Fuller kiddos were dressed just precious as always, and the kids all had fun together and got to enjoy the yard for the last bit before the rain set in, too.

Libby has been enjoying some of her early gifts over the last few days, too!

Play-doh this afternoon.




She worked hard on her creations- trying to exactly recreate the designs on the box and came pretty darn close - and wanted me to capture her work in photo! Also, she had a fun play date (along with Matthew) at Elaina and Abigail's house (from her class at school and gymnastics).

And tonight, she played her new Monopoly Junior with Michael and me and wiped the floor with us! She kept getting all the property and I did hardly anything but pay her! I landed on one space that wasn't yet purchased, that I also did not have enough money to purchase, so she suggested pawning my engagement ring! Here at Christmas we had a real live Mr. Potter to my George Bailey. But she did choose me to put her to bed as my consolation prize. So I guess I was the real winner after all!


Just two more days until Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment