Yes, Libby, my tiny baby girl, is now six years old.
I know I still need to finish the Christmas post - and "Second Christmas" post. And the "New Year's" post. But I'm still stuck on trying to get all the photos and such uploaded for Christmas. And I have just not had a lot of chances to blog lately. But I have gotten to spend time with the kids, family and friends, such as Sheridan & Jim, and Amanda Kennedy Penn-O'Toole and her little Beatrice.
But back to B's birthday -- she only asked her her friend party from us (and of course our family party too.)
So last weekend, we had her family party! It was great, and Mimi and Diddy hosted.
But the festivities began on her birthday when she got sausage and hash browns for breakfast at home by her request, and then she got donuts for her class at lunch to celebrate. I was so impressed: every child waited until they sang "Happy Birthday" as a group, to Libby, before they bit in to their chocolate or powdered sugar full-size donut.
For dinner, she chose Paradise Grill where she enjoyed fried okra and sweet potato fries, of course. And then for breakfast on Saturday, we ate at Krispy Kreme, where she ate one donut hole and about two-thirds of a cookies and creme donut before she was too full to finish it! (Daddy did make her eat fruit before we left the house...)
Then it was time for us to make her cake! She picked Mint Chocolate Grasshopper Cake -- a recipe from The Grit.
We made it over several hours (cooling, clean up, etc.) and you should have seen the mess in the kitchen. It was three layers, and the mixing bowl could not *quite* contain all the batter. But boy was it good.
Saturday night was Mexican. Here's Matthew.
We went to Sunday School and church on Sunday, where the altar flowers were dedicated in her honor this week.
Then, it was off to Rome for cake, ice cream (both vanilla and chocolate, thanks to Mimi), gifts and family fun time! The Krafts, Mema & Boobus, Mema Mabel, Gigi & Papa, Kaitlyn, and of course Mimi and Daddy. Sadly, Sarah became sick on the way, so we hope to see her at this weekend's friend party.
Even on Monday, Libby had "muffins and manicures" with her teacher, where she got one handful of nails painted red and one pink. Her teacher did a great job, and Libby loved telling us how she ate one and a half chocolate chip muffins!
I emailed her teacher today a quick thanks. Her response was one I want to preserve, "Marie,
Thanks so much for your kind words! I adore her! It was so much fun. She is such a neat, wonderful child. So glad she landed in my class."
Pretty proud Mama here.
Awesome six year-old.
6 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment