Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Snaggle-tooth, a Hike and "Music with Mommy"

Just before Easter, Libby lost her top front teeth!

I wish she'd lost them before her spring school pictures, but they did come out just afterward. And at first, Libby refused to let me get her picture! It kind of became a game between us.

Here was breakfast.


I tried to be sneaky, and you just *just see her one tooth left in the pic below. But mostly she was on guard!


Even getting off the bus!



And even when distracted at the playground.


And these kids do have lots of fun at the playground together, too.



Even when I'm trying to catch her missing a tooth!



They have fun all the time!



Even at home, because teasing each other and "getting" each other is the best!



Going back once more to before Easter, we went on a hike after the egg dyeing on Saturday, at Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park. There's a look that's just over a mile, and with the hike from where we had to park (it was a busy day!) to the main entrance, and then to that area, it was a good little jaunt for these kids and pup.

Matthew was proud of his new shirt! And we both thought he looks just a little too grown in his great-looking jeans.



Trying again not to smile or show me her tooth!



Commissioner wondered, "How much farther? Yes, I will lead the way!"


There was some carrying involved, but not TOO much.


Also in March, it was "Mommy and Me" music at Matthew's school. It didn't quite turn out as I might have hoped. Matthew could not seem to manage that I was there, but not taking him home. His teachers tried to get him going with the music, I tried, we all gave it our best, but Matthew was just having a tough time.


Had this happened with Libby, I would have been crushed and tried to figure out how I'd failed as a mother. With Matthew, my second, we left so as not to ruin the experience for everyone! We came home, played a bit, and then it was nap time. All was well.

And how about this little man helping me at the grocery store?!



No comments:

Post a Comment