Nick called me on Thursday afternoon around 4:30 p.m. while I was checking on Commissioner and changing to get to Cartersville on time for our 2nd and final "birth class" at 6 p.m. Of course, I missed the call, but got his voicemail that they were at the hospital and Mandy was coming right along in getting ready to deliver Ryan.
I called Michael, and my mom and Michael's mom on the way to Cartersville to let them know the exciting news and was very upset that I had to attend this class instead of being there closer to Mandy and Nick and hanging out with their anxious families. Well, while I was a bit punchy through the class, we did stay for the whole thing and toured the maternity ward. I am glad that I went and do feel better about what to expect when it's time for Baby G to arrive. And good news - we passed the class, so I can actually give birth now. (Hmm, yikes?!) (Joking about passing - there wasn't a test or anything).
Finally, class ended around 8:30 p.m. (a little early than expected, thank goodness) and I headed to Piedmont Hospital while Michael went home to be with the Commish. Mandy was pretty close to the last stage when I got there, but I was able to pop in for a minute and check on her. She wasn't in a joking mood.
I went to the waiting room and sat with their eager parents and sisters. Every time we heard the door from the labor & delivery area, we lurched forward to see who was coming out! I told myself that since I had work in the morning, I wouldn't stay past midnight. So I was headed out with Mandy's sister, Beth, at midnight when Nick alerted the family via text message (ah, the wonders of technology) that Baby A was really almost here! Talk about saved by the text! We stayed and heard the lullaby play over the loudspeaker, announcing that a new baby just entered the world!
Soon, we got a picture e-mailed to us and not long after that, we saw Nick and little Ryan heading to the nursery for his check-up.
I snapped some quick photos, checked on the tired momma and had to go home to get some rest.
Michael and I got to go back on Friday evening to meet Ryan properly and got a photo of the happy family - and us hold him, of course! I can't wait to share in years of joy with the Arnold family.
(Ah, the glow of new parents with virtually no sleep!)
Yesterday, we went to Athens for the first time all football season to attend the Isakson Tailgate and see friends. We had a great day with beautiful weather - and Inoko Express - AND we beat Auburn! (Though Michael and I listened to the game in the car and caught the second half on TV at home). There's only so much excitement I can cram in to just a few days right now.
(Dill, me & Sheridan)
(Katy & me)
(Tired parents-to-be)
Tomorrow, I'm off to Augusta and back for work!

The Arnolds look so cute and make a lovely family. And you and Michael and Ryan look just like a family of 3 (albeit a little early!). Enjoyed the UGA pics, too. Love you.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Linda....I just can't wait until our sweet Baby G is here.. you two are naturals...Love you
ReplyDeleteAw, sweet little Ryan, can't wait to meet him! I also love the picture of us!
ReplyDelete