Michael, Baby G and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our families. We went to Rising Fawn, Ga. with Michael's family from Wednesday through Friday and then to Rome to see my family from Friday until Saturday. Then, we had to get back home to decorate our house yesterday! (After watching the UGA vs. Tech game on Saturday night).
While our families gave me a great break from any cooking duties and wanted me to relax during the break - and despite the fact that I did - AND despite the fact that we didn't decorate the house quite as much this year - I barely slept last night and had to get up at 5 a.m. for work. So, tonight I'm rather tired. Michael was very sweet this morning though by getting up to take Commissioner out so I could sleep in a few more minutes!
*For the record, we didn't decorate the house as much, not because I am The Grinch or Ebenezer Scrooge, but because when we take them down I'll be nearly 39 weeks pregnant. I just don't see myself having the agility I do now (which obviously isn't great at the moment already) OR I could potentially already have Baby G (doubtful, but you never know) and I don't want decorations to still be up in February. So, I figure the fewer we put up - the tree (fully decorated), the mantle (partially), one Nutcracker painting, two nativities and a few little kitchen things - the easier it will be to take them down quickly.
So far, we've watched two Christmas movies so far: "Miracle on 34th Street" and "Christmas Vacation" - and we watched enough of "The Santa Clause" for it to count. We have more to go!
Back row, L-R: Aunt Judy, Taylor, me, Debbie, Uncle Jim, Doc/Front Row, L-R: Michael, Uncle Gary, Aunt Sheryl, Linda
Decorating mom & dad's Christmas Tree.
Sarah and Chad decorating mom and dad's tree.
Mom and Millie getting ready for dinner.
After a delicious dinner - Thanksgiving #2!
Commissioner helped decorate our tree!


You should decorate it up this year! Next year is when you'll have a problem. I don't even know if we're going to put ornaments on the big tree! So far the rest of the decor seems uniteresting enough that Charlotte hasn't tried to pull any down. Commissioner looks like she enjoyed decking the halls!
ReplyDeleteEmily - check out my addition to the blog re: reasons we didn't decorate *quite* as much this year!
ReplyDeleteWe all enjoyed Thanksgiving together. One of our bests, as ever. Can certainly understand the toned down decorations! You never know when Baby G might come. The tree looks great. No pic of Commish in her Christmas outfit??
ReplyDelete