Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fourth of July, Libby Turns Six Months, Vacation at Home

What a fun - and busy - week we've had since our last post!

Last Saturday, Libby attended and rode in, her first parade!  The Marietta Fourth of July parade - an event that every political candidate who wants to make a run-off at the very least and whose name is anywhere on the ballot in Cobb County - must coordinate a group of supporters to walk with them, was huge this year.  I believe they said it was the largest ever - and no doubt the cutest ever, since Libby was in it for the first time, too!


My cousin, Sarah, and her boyfriend Chad, and of course, Michael, attended with us.  They were great at helping out with Libby and making sure every person in attendance wore a sticker for our candidate!  Actually, Libby did not require very much effort on our behalf.  We stood around for an hour and a half before it started in the hot sun (yes, she was wearing sunscreen and we mostly kept her in the shade) and then walked the mile and a half route (nothing for her, since we regularly tackler far longer routes than that), but it was must slower of course, on parade day, and she had many admirers requiring her attention.  She was awesome, of course!


Then last Sunday was the actual Fourth of July, so we had our parents over for a fun, old-fashioned family cookout.  And the weather was actually pleasant enough to enjoy a large part of the afternoon and evening outside!



On Monday, I had the day off - and Michael had the entire week off!!! This is what I was referring to with the "Vacation at Home" in the title of this post.  What a treat for us!  Libby was born on a Friday, and Michael got Thursday afternoon, Friday and the following Monday off from work.  And then he worked every day - six days a week in an office till all hours - for three months.  Since then, he has his weekends again and he has taken a day off during the week here or there, but never had a whole week off to enjoy being with Libby every day!

We had such a great week together.  Back to Monday - we did some pool playing.


On Tuesday, I definitely was "on call" for work for the day and did a good bit in the afternoon- so it was SO nice to have Michael home to play with Libby when I went into intense work mode.  We also made time to get Libby up to meet Michael's grandfather and his wife, who we love very much - and she made Libby those cute yellow knit booties she wore for her christening.  Long story on why Libby hadn't gotten to meet them yet, but we were so glad it finally happened!  OF course, I forgot my camera!  But they took lots of photos, so I'm just waiting on those.  She was just a little darling, talking to them, sitting up for them, nearly crawling, just everything wonderful.

On Wednesday, Michael said he was going to have "a day in the life of Libby" and would do everything for her for the whole day and all I had to do was play with her.  What fun!  I also managed to go get my hair cut, run a couple of errands and see "Eclipse" with a friend.

On Thursday, Michael golfed for part of the day (what's a vacation with no golf?!) and hung out with us.  And of course, Libby turned six months old!!!  As you can see, she has become increasingly interested in the sign!



On Friday, he took care of her while I went to work.  Yesterday was another nice and relaxing day together and Libby enjoyed her first bit of cantaloupe.

And last night, we went to Nadine's wedding and got to see new and old friends, like Lindsi and Tyler Pearson, but sadly, not Ty, since he was staying in Rome with Oma.  We did talk a lot about our babies, though!  ...and stayed out FAR too late!  I'm exHAUSTED today.  My eyes feel all gritty, I'm kind of sore from all the dancing (I wore some HIGH heels) and I can't wait to go to bed early!  I've opted for that over a nap today.  Wish me luck on actually making that goal.

Oh- one more thing.  After she ate this morning, Libby came back to "snuggle" with us in bed for a little while before church - but generally she's far too active and squirmy for that.  She talked to us about what she did while we were out last night and then, she actually fell asleep, with her sweet head on my leg and napped for a good little while.  Commissioner was on Michael's feet sleeping, too.  What a special cap for such a great week together!

Back to the grind tomorrow.  But what a nice week this week!

Also- if you've actually made it this far - a video from Thursday of Libby's valiant efforts at crawling.  She's been working diligently at it and basically already can get wherever she needs to, but will have the crawling thing really down in the next day or two.  WILD!



4 comments:

  1. What a joy our sweet Miss Libby is, every minute is precious!
    She is soooo close.....and sooo DETERMINED.
    Love you, Marmena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...you don't know me, but I found your blog through our mutual friend Emily Beaver. We went to Wake Forest together. I have a son who is just around Libby's age (bday 1/9/10) and I just had to comment that Grant is doing the same crawling thing! They're just so funny. Anyways, I also have a blog, but so check it out if you want :).
    http://herecomesthenipper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sat with Libby yesterday and the crawling is just too, too fun! Not only does she really, really want to crawl across the room, but she knows that she can't move as fast as Commish unless she walks! Which she now wants to do! And once she's holding your hands walking and gets near something she wants, she lets go of one of your hands. Too, too scary as it's too, too early... but so fun to see her determination. And the Commish is wonderful with her. Love, GiGi

    ReplyDelete