Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wrapping Up for Christmas



Well, Michael and I got around to decorating the Christmas cookies (oh, and baking them) after one of my evening events was cancelled this week and I couldn't make it to the other due to the weather.

I guess the upside is that, while disappointed, I enjoyed the extra time with my family crossed more off my Christmas "to do" list.



I also wrapped all of the gifts tonight except for Libby and Michael's gifts in under an hour and a half (I think it's a new record!)

Michael has been A HUGE help lately around the house or none of this would be finished and I'd be sitting in a puddle of my own tears.

So now, there will be less to do this weekend and more time to show Libby some of the classic cartoon Christmas movies (not that she'll watch!)  But boy, I can't wait to have a quiet Christmas weekend at home.  (There's still a list - I've already made it and checked it twice!)  ...and I'm afraid the list includes a trip to see Santa since we haven't managed that yet.  Still, less to do than there would have otherwise been.

Also, you've likely already guessed that Libby's stocking didn't get finished.  So she picked out another one to hold her loot this year.  Marmena is going to help me fix it up a bit to make it special for her first Christmas.

Photo forthcoming...

And... her stocking will be my FIRST big project of 2011.  (After a work trip, her first birthday and a wedding!)

One other special moment I want to remember is working in the kitchen while it started snowing yesterday (real snow - only for a few minutes, but still) and Libby looked out the window at it in amazement.  Just as the snow started "It's A Marshmallow World" by Dean Martin started playing on the stereo (one of my favorite Christmas songs).  Silly?  Perhaps.  Sentimental?  Certainly.  A moment to remember?  Magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment