The show was very cute and we very much enjoyed ourselves both at the show and at dinner at Tin Lizzy's beforehand!
[ASIDE: It was my first time at TL's and I WILL certainly be back. Excellent margaritas and tacos - and great black bean soup, too! In fact, there were SO many tacos to try, that I know that just by that alone, I'll need to go again- though the two I got were excellent and may already be favorites?!]
Back to "Mommy Mommy Mommy." Well, you wait eagerly for the first time for your beloved child to say "Mommy" (or some version of that) and when she says, "Da Da Da" first, you're a little bummed (even though you're overjoyed for Daddy). Then... she says, "Mamama" and your heart melts. Every time. For a little while. ...and then it's all you hear. (Okay, at this point, my heart still melts every time. But I do hear it a lot.) The song captured the moment when it's all you hear, from multiple children, with their many problems, all day.
But now only does Libby want me and ask for me, she also misses me when I'm gone and asks about me (AMAZING). And she asks for Daddy, too! She has a ball finding pictures of mommies and daddies in books and pointing to them and pointing to the corresponding parent. She even does it with Kanga (from Winnie-the-Pooh, of course) and points to me after Roo calls his mama. She points at the lady on the Sunmaid Raisin box, calls her "Mama" and points to me (I mean, look at the photo- if my hair was still long, she'd be just about right.)
She also still loves pointing to photos of her relatives and "talking" about them.
Today, Libby and I got to do some yard work. Specifically, we raked. And we had just a blast that I didn't even get to take photos. Trust me, she was adorable. Raking with the actual rake, and then picking up clumps of leaves and pinestraw and moving them to the trash bag, or just from pile to pile. I've never had such a great time raking in my life! We will definitely be doing more this fall... and it's a good thing it was fun, 'cause we'll definitely HAVE to do more this fall anyway!
Also, I thought we were finished teething. But NO! I forgot about the upper canines! She's getting those in (and then I think she's really finished getting all of her baby teeth) and she has definitely been feeling it for the last couple of days. She had diaper rash over the weekend (a DUH sign), but I still missed it until I actually saw the teeth coming in today. She's been extra clingy and a little fussy for no particular reason, as well as tired. I just thought she was recovering from her weekend- but now I know! Hopefully that will be over in another day or two, because we have more fun fall activities coming up this week/weekend/Monday with Halloween and all!
And on the last blog, I neglected to mention that she got to see the Shorter University cheerleaders doing "Flips for Tips" on a corner in downtown Rome last Sunday! Granddiddy had them flip for Libby and three kids flipped at once! Libby got a HUGE smile and them jumped up and down in front of them as if to say, "Hey- I can do that, too! Watch!" The cheerleaders seemed as smitten with her as she was with them.


No comments:
Post a Comment