Thursday, December 15, 2011

Mary & Joseph... aka

"Mama" and "Dada."

You read that correctly.  Before we get to the festivities of the second week of December, you should know that one of Libby's personal Christmas decorations (that she received from the Krafts (Aunt Toni's family) last year, was the "Little People Nativity." My cousin, Millie, who is now 13 still puts hers out each year.  (Incidentally, my "Precious Moments Nativity" is on display in our den and the "grown-up" one that we received for our wedding and I also love is in our library.

Precious Moments Nativity w/creche
Grown-Up Nativity
Anyway, Libby's is so cute and she just adores it.  So, we've told her about why we celebrate Christmas and told her that Mary and Joseph are baby Jesus' mommy and daddy.  First, despite his lying in a manger, she tried to make baby Jesus stand up.  And now Mary and Joseph are known as "Mama" and "Dada."  She loves to carry them around, get them first thing in the morning (if she hasn't slept with them) and love on them.  My heart has melted quite frequently in the last two years, but it seems like never more than this Christmas season.

I mentioned in the last post how much she's enjoying Charlie Brown's Christmas.  That love continues and each morning you can find her taking it in another time or two.  She's enjoying a bit more "down time" this week, as I've realized that she has a few more teeth to come in!  I didn't realize babies got a second set of molars, but they do, and hers are just starting to get going, apparently.  (There's no question that this is what's happening.)

"Mama...more pictures...?"
Then, she asked me to come sit down with her and after the hair/back rubbing the other night, we held hands for a few minutes.  So now, she likes for me to sit down with her, on her right, and hold her hand while we watch together.  Sweetness.  Or as my Granddaddy Bubba would have said, "Sweetness Personified."

She hums a lot these days.  She definitely asks me to hum for her a lot and she accompanies me a good bit, but she also just hums on her own some, too.  She hummed as we drove around the neighborhood to show her Christmas lights tonight, for instance!  I think it added an extra touch of festivity to the occasion.

There are some lovely decorations, by the way - but our street is kind of a dud!  Our house is as festive as it gets - and we added the icicle lights just this year.  Next year, we're adding lights on the shrubs under the giant wreath.  A little at a time is the plan, and while I don't think we'll ever quite be the Griswolds, perhaps it will make some of the neighbors step up?



Last Christmas Day!

Ahh, just a fond memory in this 70 degree weather we had today!  It was BUGGY in the back yard this evening at dusk.  Come on.

She's still enjoying her chocolate Advent calendar, but she's working on her felt one, too.



So, last week, Libby spent the night in Cedartown after our dinner there since I had to work on Monday and Michael was out of town.  Marmena was having a ladies Christmas luncheon on Tuesday, so I zipped up to Rome for a day/night/day because we simply had to attend!

Marmena snapped some photos of Libby before the big event and suggested that she sit right next to the tree.  She took that to mean that she ought to "sit ON the presents."



Mom helped me make my now-signature "Georgia Snowballs" for Christmas treats while I was there and we made some real breakthroughs on how to make the process easier for me.  It was a Christmas miracle!

Incidentally, Libby helped me deliver some of these delectable delights to my office yesterday, along with some fudge, and spread glad tidings, joy and cheer to the good folks there with her very presence.

On Saturday, Libby was shipped back to Cedartown for the night so Michael and I could have a Christmas party for some of his co-workers.




He's put up with my co-worker crew for many years, so it was really past time!  We had a great time and then I got a whole bunch of little projects done on Sunday while he went to pick up Libby and golf with his dad.  And THEN...

Marmena and I went to Aunt Toni's church for their beautiful Christmas concert and Michael and Libby met us there at the very end so that she could spread even more Christmas cheer!

And now, for some more Christmas scenes from around the house...


Notice that our Elf found a home in Libby's stocking! Also, notice that her stocking is the same one as last year and reads "My First Christmas."  I choose to think this will make for a cute story when she's older - or she can add it to her list for the annual Festivus "Airing of the Grievances."


Our Christmas card wreath is getting so full!  (I LOVE Christmas cards!)
After some final shopping and extensive gift-wrapping until LATE last night, now- I have four gifts left to wrap and then I am finito!  I'm planning on catching up on some Christmas movies this weekend (along with a few other events) and maybe sitting down for a minute or two before Christmas Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment