We got a bit of a later start than I hoped for, but with Marmena's extra help, we weren't too far behind this morning.
Libby's been staying up a little later (closer to 8 p.m. for bed) and getting up around 8 a.m., so a little later than the 7:20 a.m. she was programmed for for so long! (I love it most days). However, when you have somewhere to go, it can be a bit tougher. She doesn't want to get out of bed right away even after she's been jumping around for a few minutes (of course, I'm never really ready to spring out of bed). But you'd think that after jumping around... she'd be ready to go.
Oh- the "terrible twos" have hit. It is like someone flipped a switch on her birthday. Multiple meltdowns a day. It takes kind of a lot to get out of the house these days. Suddenly my little girl who was "go along to get along" on most things needs to do everything herself (even the things that she has not involvement in whatsoever to begin with) and then needs to protest anything, or attempt to postpone it or put it off. But some of the "moments" are kind of funny. Folks, today she didn't want to hold Marmena's hand or mine while walking back towards our car from campus and when we insisted it was that or that I would carry her, she laid face down on the sidewalk to have a little silent protest. (The protest got louder when I eventually had to carry her), but initially, when she'd look up at us (walking ahead) with her little hat and cute little self, it was hard not to pull out the camera and get photos. At least I turned away while I laughed.
We're employing a variety of techniques to get through these moments. Ignoring. Reverse-psychology. Bargaining. Rewards for good behavior. Punishment for poor behavior. Distraction and the like.
She was great while we visited sweet Megan and baby William, though. He's so sweet and tiny! Megan's going to be a wonderful Mommy and it was great to bond while re-living some high and low-lights or my transition to motherhood with Libby. Our dear Amanda just sat there enjoying us and chuckling to herself since she currently enjoys being the mom to dogs and thinks we're a little nuts to have kids. :)
Reverse-psychology was employed to get Libby in these photos.
We also got to eat with Amanda and Drew and one of my favorite restaurants anywhere, The Grit! Libby had her first "Golden Bowl" with cheese.
She liked it!
Then we headed over to the campus for a quick visit since it was too late to try to visit the little zoo at Memorial Park. Libby had a great time running on the lawn at North Campus (where she also saw a DOG!), climbing the steps at the chapel and then...
Ringing the chapel bell with Mommy for the first time! (That bell is HEAVY - she couldn't quite do it on her own.)
She had a super time playing "dodge the rope," though!
We grabbed some Jittery Joe's coffee on the way out, some Inoko to bring home for dinner and headed home. Libby slept for 30 minutes max and put on her game face for our visitors tonight, Amanda and Evan! (Amanda and I used to eat at Inoko for lunch almost weekly during the (spring?) semester of our sophomore year at UGA.) Since they live in Wyoming, we don't get to see them too often, but they got to come over for dinner tonight and hang out for a bit. Libby was pretty great, especially considering her day and she served Amanda and Michael some tea after dinner.
She also cooked for them. But this is what happens when the mushrooms aren't done...
I wish I had an explanation.

No comments:
Post a Comment