Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentine's and a General Update

Well, Libby is potty trained!

I meant, she needs some help in the bathroom still of course, we we're accident-free during the day for two weeks and nighttime is getting back to normal, too. She only gets up in order to go to the potty and now she goes right back with no trouble at all. She's even made it several nights in a row going from 8 or 8:30 p.m. until about 6:30 a.m. Of course, now that I'm writing this, things could change - but I'm pretty satisfied. She's not even getting up more than once during mealtime unless she really needs to go and there's been some miscommunication.

She's gone inside the house on all types of toilets and outside of the house, too.

We're so proud of our girl!

In the meantime, last week we had two celebrations - Valentine's Day AND Daddy's birthday!

Libby was only too happy to help celebrate both by opening gifts and eating chocolate, whether mousse or candy.






Blowing out Daddy's birthday candle! Libby gets the first taste of his chocolate mousse!



And she likes it!



For Valentine's, she helped Marmena make Barefoot Contessa's shortbread cookies - she helped roll out and cut the dough and decorated them, too!  Yummy!


At home, she made bookmarks for everyone (I forgot to take photos- it was during the height of potty training) and Marmena helped her make us a frame for the refrigerator, too! (I'll have to take photo...)

But it turns out that after reading my friend's blog, now I'm super thankful that she's not in school yet and we don't have to make a ton of Valentine's for every kid in class!

Next year, that will be a different story... because also last week, we registered Libby for preschool! I know I say it all the time... but I can't believe how quickly she's growing up. Libby would love to start school NOW, I think - but I'm just not ready for her to leave me quite yet.

Since Michael and I are both sick, we had a quiet weekend (and I got a lot of little chores and projects done around the house) and I'm off today, so Libby and I met friends Nick and Ryan at the park this morning for a little fun together. Of course, the kids mostly had fun apart from each other, but... they'll make up for that later when they're teens and all they want to do is be with their friends. I try to remind myself that these days and moments are fleeting. ...especially when she's acting especially TWO!

I'm lucky to have such a special Valentine!

2 comments:

  1. Do you recommend the 3 day potty training book? Laine definitely gets the concept but has little to no interest in following through most of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had great fun at the park...after y'all left Ryan kept saying Slide Libby...BYE Libby! They're so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete