Saturday, June 23, 2012

Father's Day, HHI, Etc.

Wow- it's been so long that I almost don't even know what to write.

In exciting news, Libby was moved up to the "older twos" class for school in the fall! I think either way would have been fine, but I think it'll be nice to have her with the slightly older kids for a number of reasons. I'm very conflicted emotionally about her starting school. I know she will love it, though!

Oh- we celebrated Father's Day a day early since Michael and I had a conference to go to for his work at Hilton Head for a few days this past week. It led to Libby being apart from us for nearly the whole week since we would be at work the days we got back - and with the work going on at our house too, is just wasn't fair to have her come home and then force the grandmas to come here while the house was under major repair issues, etc.


Libby and I (mostly I this time) made Daddy a nice chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting for a fun treat. Mainly she was very helpful by sleeping or eating through much of the baking process rather than continually asking me to pick her up!

Oh- and for dinner I grilled chicken tenders on a skewer, corn and made fries at Michael's request. We've been caught up in Next Food Network Star again and one of the contestants last week made chicken tenders for kids and made different sauces for them to be dipped in so kids could "play with their food." Michael requested the same, so I made honey mustard, a ranch sauce and put out BBQ sauce to go with them. The honey mustard was delicious and while Libby usually doesn't go for dipping her food in anything (even fries in ketchup), we suggested that we might like to try it since it's "honey!" Well she loved it and kept acting like she was getting away with something by eating it. Too cute. Frankly, the chicken along with just the marinade was so yummy on its own that we didn't need the dips. But they WERE good!




Earlier that day, we went to the Roswell sprayground and had a nice time there!





So at dinner we finally got to give Daddy his gifts. Libby helped him open them.


And here was his favorite! Libby gave him framed photos of them together, along with her hand print.


And we got a few on the actual Father's Day on Sunday morning before she left for a week with her grandparents, too.


We had a nice time at Hilton Head- though I neglected to get any photos! While Michael participated in a golf tournament, I took a stand up paddle board lesson and had a great time. I was a bit nervous about it, considering I have never even managed to get up on water skis, but it was no trouble. I never even fell off. We did yoga (I even did a tree pose) and various other exercises on the boards in addition to paddling them. I would definitely do it again! If only we lived on a lake...

We had some great food - especially at The Backyard. We had a mini-fridge in our room so I was even able to bring back leftovers for lunch the next day! The car battery died one morning while I was out trying to get some shopping in, but thanks to AAA and Advance Auto Parts, we took care of the problem and got a new battery in no time. I had no where immediate I had to be. Libby and Commish weren't with me. So I figure we really lucked out!

Libby had a blast with her grandparents - swimming and playing in fountains, meeting new friends, playing with frogs, etc. PLUS she had Commissioner with her the whole time, so that always makes her extra happy. We had dinner with her the night we got back to Atlanta and it was tough to leave her for two more days, but we made it through.

We had a great day today and got to see our good friend Amanda as kind of a last-minute surprise. She lives in Laramie, Wyoming, but rode home with her dad back to Roswell after he had a visit with her. We met her for brunch this morning with Tyler, Lindsi and Ty!


Things are going really quite well on the house front. It's annoying but it looks like things should be finished this week. I just dread the tiling!

Right now, our kitchen floor looks like this:


So we're wearing shoes at all times downstairs. The bathroom paint looks great though, the paneling in the den has been fixed and the ceilings and trim have been painted and the floors are down in the den.

Tomorrow I get to see "The Sound of Music" at the Fox Theater at their sing-along! I wonder what the rest of the week will bring...? I know for certain it will be a little crazy. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment