So, the first contractor for our housing repair work didn't work out and now we're underway with another one. I'm SO over this already. I continue to detest learning "patience."
Meanwhile, Libby is a doll. Her favorite words/phrases are, "Deppy" (that's "yes"), "Not tuh-day" ("not today"), "Meke it adin" ("make it again"), and she asked yesterday to go to the "mawh-ket" and I thought she meant the grocery store (usually Publix), but I later determined that she meant The Fresh Market! (Yes, I AM raising her right!) Publix is just not high enough quality for my hummus-eating girl. She also has rediscovered boiled peanuts (and tries to eat them as fast as I can peel them!)
Last weekend, I introduced her to Candy Land! She got the concepts quite quickly and enjoys playing as the green piece. We have to help her a bit in the direction of the path, but overall she gets it and really likes it! (It's so cute!) She's also young enough not to be truly competitive about it and I am going to enjoy these short days while they last (because if she gets any of our genes- which she clearly has), because they won't last long! She's delighted no matter who wins right now.
A couple of words she's not interested in saying? "Please" and "Thank you." So. Maybe I'm not such a great parent after all.
She's still SUPER loving though and I think she's just been through another little growth spurt. She's definitely taller and the last time she climbed on the scale at the vet (yes, the vet), she was a few ounces heavier (and she hasn't gained on the scale in forever). I can also tell on both when I pick her up nowdays. I need to work on my arm strength a bit more - but since she frequently wants to be picked up and involved, I guess I'm getting a workout anyway!
She's also doing awesome things with her "reading." We'll stop on various key words or phrases in her favorite books and she'll fill in the words! Big and small, long and short! Animal noises (like in the "Biscuit" book series), etc. It's just beyond cool. She doesn't like to show off what she knows in front of big groups or strangers, nut I know that will come. School is just around the corner...
And her current YouTube favorites are Perry Como's "Round and Round" and "Hot Diggity Dog" - both "with the people."
And she played WITH some bigger kids today at the pool, racing them from one set of steps to the next! (Okay, she was in her float, but she'd lean forward and kick her legs and work those arms and MOVE).
So those are some of the happy highlights of late. Wish me luck on this dang house junk.
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment