The rest of Labor Day weekend was nice, too (though I'm kind of out of whack this week!)
On Sunday, we went to visit to GiGi & Papa's for Papa's birthday celebration and got to spend time with Michael's Aunt Chrissy. It was her first time meeting Miss B and I think they both liked each other! Libby voluntarily went to her and gave her a hug and everything! They played, "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" game together (well, until Libby got bored and announced, "Ibby's done.") We played as a family on Monday evening too, and she quite three-quarters of the way through. Since it was Mommy's first time though, Michael and I finished while she offered moral support.
Libby also got a new stuffed animal friend, a dolphin from the Ga. Aquarium that was a gift from Aunt Chrissy. She already sleeps with Libby and B loves her. Of course... Libby also helped Papa open his gifts. And I got no photos.
On Monday we enjoyed more family time all day and our friends, the Martins came over with their two girls (ages nearly three and nearly two) and cooked out. Rachael was very excited not to have to cook at home! Because the girls are young and one skipped her nap, they were also gone kinda early. Which left us with a relaxing evening, too! So nice!
On the way to Cedartown, I brought my Kindle to read on the way so I could finally finish "The Woman in White" (I've read at least two other books since I started that one.) However, I also downloaded "Fairy Tales Every Child Should Know" so that I could read some classics to Libby when we're out and about if we have a line to wait in or something like that. I haven't actually had to use it, so I pulled up "The Fair One with the Locks of Gold." Well, I was not familiar with this one (thinking it was "Goldilocks" or "Rapunzel" when we first started it. It's neither. However, despite the many "thee" "thou" and nearly old English style, Libby insisted that I continue.
So on the way home I was reading "The Woman in White" and she asked me to read it out loud. How cute. She wouldn't let me stop reading that one, either! She was definitely listening too, because she got very excited and jumped in with some comments when I read a reference to "Shakespeare." Of course, she was talking about the meerkat, but still!
Her main speed right now is, "Creepy Carrots," her new book from Mimi. She has turned out other reading opportunities from my books.
Tuesday was another good day at school, and they must have read "The Three Little Pigs" (admittedly a better classic fairy tale for a two year old), because she was running around talking about her "chinny chin chin." I asked her about it and she said that they had read it at school.
Also this morning we were watching "Super Why" over breakfast and I swear she read the word "SNAIL." They hadn't said it yet and were practicing the sounds of the letters - they only got to "SN" and she finished the word. I didn't see a picture of a snail anywhere on the screen, either. Hmm.
In other funnies, last night she asked to be send to bed with, "Mommy, time to go upstairs, read two books. I'm gettin' cranky."
Tonight at dinner, "Daddy's not here, it's just you and the kids."
Oh these were the days when I used to share all of my cousin Sarah's "funnies" at lunch with my friends at school each day! (They were good friends - and very patient!)
The main frustration we have right now is that Libby makes us visit the bathroom of every store possible and says she has to go even when she doesn't, just to get attention or something? We've had to start getting a little tough, so Libby has spent some time in time-out over the last couple of days. :( Sad for us all.
But like I said- she makes up for it in a million different ways. Ooooh I love her!
I know I'm going to have to keep writing instruments handy to keep up with her new classic one-liners!
6 years ago

I seem to recall another little girl that delighted in visiting every available bathroom (sometimes more than once, and always more than once at restaurants)...this to shall pass...
ReplyDeleteLove Mimi