Sunday, April 19, 2015

Matthew, Fernbank and a Hike

Well, I need to spend a bit of time on my 18 month old guy.

I can't believe this dude is 18 months old already. He had fun while I snapped his pic. And I had fun taking them. Just got a new camera! And it is awesome. I have a few things to figure out about it (okay, probably far more than a few, but a few that are on the immediate side, but that didn't stop me from getting these beauties. 






Matthew is such a fun guy. He asks for "soap!" all the time when he pulls out hand lotion from a drawer in the bathroom. He'll say, "soap! soap!" until you put a bit on his hands to rub in. He also asks for hugs, and love to give and receive them. He especially loves putting foreheads together or love on your arm up close to your head between his shoulder and the side of his face. He also adores stuffed animals that he can really squeeze and get his arms around. My old teddy bear and bunny, and Libby's Mickey Mouse, are his favorites. He's just a big teddy bear guy.

He also can't keep anything on the kitchen table these days. He reaches, grabs, eats, plays with, etc., anything on the table. So don't leave your valuables there! Unfortunately he also like to reach in the toilet. I try to make sure the lids are closed, as that has been a good deterrent, but everyone doesn't always remember. This leads me to his next favorite thing: saying, "Eewwwwww!" about any possible thing.

Yesterday Mimi and Diddy took Libby to the Varsity and Fernbank for the day! No frosted orange, but she enjoyed a naked dog, fries and a water. They brought us all hats, too.



They literally stayed until the museum closed and they were kicked out at 6 p.m. They saw two IMAX movies and did "everything," including learn about all kinds of poisons and had a tea party with Alice and friends. That timing was extra perfect, because she got "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking-glass" in her Easter basket at Gigi and Papa's house and we've been reading Alice every day. 





In addition the the whale and "unseen world" IMAX movies, Libby enjoyed climbing on the exhibits (NOT the big dinosaur in the atrium).



And she made a souvenir flattened penny, too.


When they got home, we all enjoyed Michael's latest pork butt on the BGE. The really got up in the middle of the night to check on it. It was delicious. YUM! And Mimi trimmed Miss B's bangs. She said she doesn't want her hair cut soon because she likes when I'm able to braid it. (We've done that twice in the last three weeks or so.)


Last weekend, we took Libby and Matthew on a hike nearby at "Big Trees" down in Sandy Springs. It was a cool morning and the hike was more of a nature walk. We were probably there about 1.5 hours and Matthew only had us carry him just a bit. 




Their favorite part was eating "'Nacks!" This time it was a trail mix I concocted of Reese's pieces and Cracker Jacks.


Sweetest babes. 

I also managed to stay in Athens a bit after work last Friday. I got to see Drew and Ben, plus Amanda Tedrow for dinner at The Grit! It was just awesome. It was also nice to be back on campus during the day and see how much it's growing. Rarely do I get to be in photos with my work crew, as I'm generally behind the camera, but a friend and former coworker insisted on this one to recreate the campaign team of 2010, and I really do like it. 


1 comment:

  1. Also Libby & Matthew are adorable and you're still the cutest mama ever <3

    ReplyDelete