Thursday, April 30, 2015

My Little Man and My Big Girl

Oh those babies!




I've gotten to really, actually enjoy them this week while I wasn't as incredibly swamped with work. It has been really, really nice. The weather has been mostly perfect, too. A day of rain, but beautifully cool mornings and warm, but no where near hot, afternoons.

This afternoon, we were upstairs doing some packing. When their suitcases were as ready as they could be at this point, Matthew wanted to drag his around, as he always enjoys. Libby got into that, for sure. So while I sat in Matthew's room, Libby took her suitcase and told Matthew, "Come on, it's time to go."

"I'm comin'. Bye, bye," said Matthew.

He dragged his suitcase into her room as she said they were flying far away and would "be gone for 163 night naps."

"But Libby, that's just WAY too long for Mama," I responded.

"But it's okay, because I'll call you on the phone and we can Skype."

Phew- who is this teenager?!

Meanwhile, they went back and forth so many times. Poor little guy had to put forth a LOT of effort. Oh my goodness, the same call and response, "Matthew, let's go." "I'm comin'. Bye-bye."

And then how about how he likes to high-five now and then says, "Boom!" The first time he did that t the dinner table the other night, oh my goodness! So funny.




He is all about the "Hug-ga." (That's hugs.) For me, Libby, his favorite stuffed animal these days - Mickey. He gave uncle John a big, huge hug the other day, and his teachers at school he will just come over and hug them or their legs. Oh what a LOVE. My babies are SO incredibly loving that it makes me tear up to even think about.

That balances out the biting Matthew has been into lately. He usually does it when teething and in a loving way, but he bit Libby's tender under arm/back area today and it was not meant nice.

Libby burst into tears, but the good news was that Matthew burst into tears too, when I LOUDLY corrected him, and told him how it hurt her, and then said, "Sorry, Ebby." He then gave her lots of sweet hugs. So I guess that's all I can ask for at this point.

Here, he's worried about his "dog-ga."


Yes, I had some fun with my camera this week, too.



The highlight was Libby's week was that the "Bee Man" visited school. He brought a hive and Libby was excited to see and pick out, the Queen Bee! I asked if she told them that she's "Miss Queen B," but she told me no, and that I was the queen bee! Oh my.

Also, I think her real favorite was the honey stick she brought home to eat. Honestly, the did learn a ton about bee it sounded like. Pretty great stuff! I'm so pleased that Matthew gets to attend St. Cat's, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment