Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mother's Day, Swim Team & More

My Mother's Day was awesome. I got to sleep in, and I woke up to a breakfast feast make by Michael and Libby - and I'm sure Matthew contributed in his own way, too.



I got this video of my lovies at breakfast.



Throughout the day, I got to tackle several projects and "to do" things with virtually no interruptions. So great, and a real treat when you have little ones. Libby helped out with some of them, too.

We also got to have some more fun water play in the back yard. Michael pulled out the water table, the Blue sprinkler spinner and sit 'n spin from the Kraft's and they ate more popsicles with no tears!





Fun was had by all! (And I enjoyed my frozen cocktail as I took photos and watched.)





And of course they (Libby) had to "trick Daddy" repeatedly with the COLD hose!



Michael also grilled a delicious dinner of perfectly tender pork tenderloin, grilled potatoes and grilled asparagus and okra. It was followed by Haagen Dazs mint chip ice cream. (I ate too much of everything!)

Libby began swim team on Monday. Sounds like it was a rocky start, according to Gigi, who was good enough to take her the first day. She wasn't excited to go out Tuesday, but by the end of that practice she'd really made great progress. Her coaches are so sweet and she's already making friends with the other kids. Mimi also came to see the kids and help me out on Tuesday and that was just great!

By last night she couldn't wait for swim team today! She's looking forward to her first meet. I'm not sure when that will be for her, but we'll see! I did sign up to volunteer at the required two meets today. Matthew is also getting some good dry play time in around the deck and the playground with other younger siblings. Morning practices are going to be tough.



I can't believe my little swimmer is graduating in two days. Tomorrow they have their class party with pizza and fun stuff. Today they had a giant treasure hunt (they are pirates this week!) and it ended with junk stuff treasure, but also push-pop popsicles!

And of course, Friday is THE DAY. I just watched a graduation episode of a TV show and was a puddle. I can't imagine what Friday will bring. I won't wear mascara! At least I get to do it all again with Matthew. Gracious.

No comments:

Post a Comment