Thursday, May 21, 2015

People Still Read the Blog!!!

Extra congrats to Libby, because there were several comments on the last post about your graduation! I wasn't sure anyone read the blog anymore except grandmas, so I kept it going for them and for us to look back. I finally got the second year of the blog/Libby's life printed into a book last month- yay! Now I have to work up the energy to start year three.

I know this post should be about Mother's Day with our wonderful Mimi and Gigi, and especially about Libby's amazing dance recital, but I wanted to update on some other day-to-day stuff first.

Matthew loves saying, "Dirty Jobs. EWWWW!" He's also doing great with "please" and "thank you," though I've been drilling both in a lot lately. They're also helping to motivate Libby, too. Yay.

Libby's creative play is more and more fun. A few weeks ago, we "played school" and Libby had Michael and me do that last Sunday again. We "played school" and it focused on graduation. Too funny.

This week has been a pretty good first week of summer break, though we missed Michael from Sunday afternoon through last night (he had a conference in D.C. and managed dinner with the Watsons TWICE!). Oh, and Libby was a bit sick and feverish Sunday night through part of the day on Tuesday. So she missed swim team on Monday - but that girl was determined to go on Tuesday (so she did)! In fact, there was no swim team practice today because it was the last day of school for the county schools and she was NOT looking forward to today as of last night, due to that fact.

Work hasn't been too nuts for me, so I've gotten a few things done around here not having carpool twice a day, and getting to actually play a bit. Gigi was here on Monday and wound up feeding the kids dinner for me and everything because there was a terrible, blinding thunderstorm RIGHT at quittin' time, so that threw me off, plus of course there was a grocery need on the way home. Mom also came on Tuesday to help out so that was a great help to get the week started.

She and Libby made our posters for the upcoming BARRY MANILOW concert!



She worked so hard. I think that's about the time we knew she could manage swim team? She did have to take a rest for her arm though for a bit after all that coloring. She did get her homework done, though! She has done some homework every week day this week, and it will continue throughout the summer. Gotta keep those skills sharp!

Michael asked when the one hour of piano starts, but I told him I would at least wait until she started lessons... I think they're a bit father in the offing, though.

In other news, Matthew still loves to climb and just get into things in general. And he and Libby are very much enamored with each other.

Libby has recently complained to us wondering, "Why are you always having me do the stuff that you're supposed to be doing?" (Sorry if I have mentioned that one before, but she's said it rather frequently as of late.)

And today we got to all go to the pool for the first time this year. Okay, not Michael, but the kids and I got to go. Now, I got one of those puddle jumpers for Matthew to wear this year since he wasn't so in to flotation devices lsat year and I had to hold him most of the time last year. He seemed a bit disturbed by it (much like Libby never liked any of hers that we tried.) This one seems to be worn by every little kid though, so I'm hoping it will make life easier on me once he gets used to it. He loved sitting on the ledge at the top of the stairs and dipping his toes in and splashing. He did that so long that I was concerned that it would be a LONG summer. But, he really had fun just doing that, dropping a ball in the water and getting in and out to be sociable with everyone.

During swim team practice, the guy likes to play on the playground, with cars and trucks (his own and others') around the pool, and flirting with girls - in particular who is 7 or 8 and likes to "boop" is nose, and then they press noses together. Seriously?! He's 1.5 years old and that flirty. Pretty funny at this age. I probably won't feel that way so much when he's older.

But eventually, he did get in and we had fun bounding, floating, flinging him and swimming, as long as my hands were constantly attached to him. Libby had fun just getting to play a bit, too. I saw her working on some skills too, including her backstroke, floating and endurance.

I also got some photos of my cuties being cute before the pool! (That pose below was Libby's own- not mine in any way.)




And here are a few I snapped last week before swim team.




Love all the minutes with these lovie babes.

No comments:

Post a Comment