Well, Tuesday was a bit of a toughie.
My little guy seems to be just about past his teething. But he is just getting the hang of being two. It seems like I recall a few of the issues going on with him, when Libby was a bit younger, too. His are different, but there is some boundary-testing going on. There is indeed.
Tuesday afternoon, I wanted to blame an episode on hunger, but when a similar situation repeated tonight, I think it may just be "being two." Oh well, testing happens, and it tries us both. As much as I hate having to sometimes be a parent and stand my ground, it's awesome that Libby already gave me such good training - and is here to support me, too. She asked, "Did I do that, too?" Well, we had a few disagreements little girl, but I prefer to remember the good things.
Like Tuesday night while Libby and Matthew were in the bath and hysterical over who could pop the bubbles I blew first. I love those joyful children. And they are joyful. And I am truly blessed to be their mother, and to have Michael as their father.
On Sunday, he surprised me with the sweetest card for our 15 year anniversary of dating. WOW!
Over the weekend, I caught whatever virus the kids have had, and Michael has also been fighting. Blech. On Saturday I was pretty miserable. But we really needed to get our pumpkin patch visit in, so we went to our little church one down the road that has never disappointed us. And was much more manageable for us this time than a larger experience. Maybe next year?
The good news is that it didn't let us down this year, either. The kids had a wonderful time, and they were fun to watch.
Matthew was excited to drag a wagon around to place the pumpkins in, and both kids were happy to rearrange the pallets.
There was also the pumpkin maze again, and this year, they also had built-in slides on the hill!
While sweet Anne Voyles left us a surprise pumpkin on our stoop on Friday, we found another perfect pumpkin or two at the patch.
6 years ago











No comments:
Post a Comment