Okay, I realize we are now weeks past Halloween. So, I'll fill you in: everyone has been sick at least once, if not twice.
Matthew's first response to anything is, "No," or "Matthew doesn't wanna _____." But he's mostly still super cute. And his favorite songs are "The Backson," "Winnie the Pooh" and "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang."
Libby so is amazing with him. They have their little spats, sure. But mostly they play just great together, and I love them SO. The holidays with these two are gonna be just awesome. They are just so joyful.
We did eat one Saturday morning at the NEW Chick-fil-A!
And had a family date night at Paradise Grill.
Matthew and I got to play one Wednesday at Town Center with Riley and Oma - and even Uncle Tyler came for a train ride and lunch. Matthew loved riding on the train and got so excited every time it came around!
We also got a new desk for our bedroom so Michael can work from home a little more easily (with quiet). It already paid off one day last week. We still need a lamp for behind it and perhaps a better chair, but I'm working on those options. The rearrangement and new corner is almost finished. I'll post a photo when complete!
We also got our beach photos from Maegan, and I'm still working through which prints I want and how to arrange them in the hall. This project may continue in to 2016, but we'll see.
I'm finally getting back to normal today from my rounds of sick, which included huge ulcers in the back of my throat.
Also, Libby and I spent a night in the Mountains last weekend, while Michael and Matthew went to Cedartown for some fun and last round of golf for the year, possibly. Libby got to have a row in the boat with Diddy and me, made many, many roasted marshmallows and s'mores, and boy did she work hard at keeping the fire roaring with plenty of sticks gathered from the grounds. Also, she kept the floor in front well swept. "Poor Cinderellie!" I think she is ready for her next spend the night there.
We only stayed about half of Saturday so we could get back for "Friendsgiving" with the Fullers, Arnolds and Kauffmans. It was really a FUN time and I hope we do it again next year. Neil's turkey on his new Green Egg was great, as was the ham, and the rest of the giant feast. But hanging out and the kids playing - plus UGA and Vandy wins for the day helped with the festive atmosphere, too. It was particularly special after Friday's events in France, to be giving thanks together in freedom, with family and friends all weekend.
Today, I took Matthew for his Christmas/two year-old portrait. Here's a sneak peak that I snapped last night. SO handsome!
And I got to have Thanksgiving brunch at school with Libby today. (I also surprised her at lunch one day last week, too!) She didn't eat much, but I thought it was pretty good, and the portions quite generous.
And now back to Halloween...
Hallowe'en 2015 was great!
It was a SATURDAY, which was really wonderful. No traffic issues that we had to deal with - not even on Friday. There was plenty of time to enjoy each other, the day and to get dressed. Of course, by the time it was time to get Libby ready, I was really over the Georgia game, unfortunately.
And it was such FUN putting a touch of makeup on my princess girl.
And I even did a pretty darn good job on this braid!
Our Olaf wasn't really into posing for photos.
But his buddy, Riley, was!
But our princess Elsa was ready!
And Libby was able to get Olaf to cooperate pretty well, too. (As was Aunt Lindsi.)
The kids!
And thanks to Tyler's selfie-stick, the whole gang!
We had a fun night, and while Lindsi and I brought the little guys back a little early, the dads and big kids trick-or-treated big time. The dads even found a table with bacon and shots for the parents! I will have to make sure I make it to that cul-de-sac next year.
The kids had a pretty good haul between them and we're all still working through it!
Matthew's favorite is definitely candy corn!
6 years ago








No comments:
Post a Comment