Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Thanksgiving

What a special Thanksgiving we had this year.

Having a job, but not having to work as much that week was a definite, real treat!

And since we decorated for Christmas the weekend BEFORE Thanksgiving, it was nice not to have to do that afterward, and to enjoy the decorations just a little longer.

We got right up and after a breakfast feast, got to work.



We had a few lighting issues with the tree itself...


But after we added a bunch more, it all worked out. The kids got very involved this year. The tree was definitely ornament-heavy on the bottom, and in the area closer to the fireplace. Matthew was proud to roll out the tree lights!



The kids were definitely worn out afterword from all the effort.


Now, when school let out, the kids came home with cute Thanksgiving things they'd created, of course!



And also during the week, we played for a morning with the Pearsons at X-drenaline!




They had an awesome time! And wore each other out I think, too. Libby climbed the wall twice and did some hard work trying to make it all the way up the ramp to the the ninja warrior course.

Also, earlier in the week, Matthew and I visited the playground, and he may have had is last ride in the baby swing. It was rather a tight fit. So, I documented the occasion. He's growing up too fast! (For me, not quickly enough for him...)


So, on Wednesday afternoon, we headed up to Cedartown for a couple of nights, and we sure did make it in time for a yummy dinner (thanks, Gigi)!

On Thursday, after breakfast, I snapped a few pics of the kids while they were "fresh," and we all trekked over the river and through the woods to my parents' house.


Mom had the turkey cooking nice and early, so after a few cocktails...


...and appetizers around 11 a.m., we were ready to eat by probably 12:30 p.m.!

And it's a good thing we ate early, because the dessert bar was LOADED. And I enjoyed a sampler platter of everything.


Libby and Gigi made special Rice Krispies treat "drumsticks!"


Boobus got some quality time with Luca. And actually most of us did get a few minutes each. Mom was the baby whisperer though who finally got him to sleep. 



Libby shared some secrets with the little guy, too.


After a little while, I had to get the official annual photos of the babies. The mostly goofed around.





I jumped in for a few, too!




Daddy joined the outdoor fun with a football.





Plus, there was indoor silliness with everyone.


And croquet with Diddy and Papa -- a newer tradition.


And to get out a little more energy, some frisbee time. Kaitlyn even joined in!






I snapped a selfie with our hardworking college girl, too!


I didn't get as many photos as planned, nor do I remember as many details as I should, but I know there wasn't a ton of political discussion, and that was definitely something for which we all gave thanks!!!

Also after all that activity, we were thankful that Papa bathed these stink-fests!



Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment