Therefore, we were able to continue normal life for the weekend - which was action-packed! Michael and I were celebrated our 10 year reunion at Darlington School with many friends who also made the trip back. Though we certainly missed those who were unable to make it. We started with a football game on Friday night - which Darlington came from behind to win - a major upset against the No. 6 team in the region. What a homecoming! We won 23-20.
Saturday night, a bunch of us went to dinner before our individual class party at "400 Block Bar" - otherwise known as 'the bar at La Scala.' We had a great dinner together - but THAT'S when I felt a little old. We had four married couples at the table and Sara Appleby, who I'm sure just LOVED the conversation topics. Emily & Ryan have a 15 month old daughter, and the other three couples are pregnant. You can imagine where the conversation quickly drifted... I'll spare you dear readers the details - but I bet Sara couldn't tell you, because I'm guessing who just tuned us out after a while. At least that lucky girl could have a glass of wine!
(Left to Right: Nick, Mandy, me, Michael, Sara, Emily, Ryan, Tyler & Lindsi)
The best moment at the class party was hearing Yeo-Jin look surprised, almost shocked, and tell Michael and Tyler, "You look like a man now! You used to have such a baby face, but now you're a man!" Michael wound up hitting it off with her husband who turned out to be the life of the party. The best time of the night (other than UGA pulling out a win at the last minute), was after the class party when Michael, Sara and I wound up seeing Mandy, Nick and Kathryn Smith again at our old hang-out, Schroder's, and discussing who was there and who wasn't and had we heard about so-and-so and 'what has happened to him/her?' We literally closed the place down. (And I have paid for it today)!
Because those weren't the only events of the weekend! Kristi, Kathryn, Mrs. Gordon, mom and I threw a baby shower for Mandy during the day at mom's house. Well, I'd stressed about it all week, but our brunch style shower turned out great! I think Mandy had a good time and got a lot of great and practical gifts - and lots of books! (Which IS the whole point). A little (or a lot) of rain during the party, didn't hamper our fun.
Photos below!
(Check out that awesome diaper cake by Kristi!)
(Pretty petit fours from Little European Bakery in Sandy Springs- my fave - they taste as good as they look!)
(The three pregnant girls - all two months apart from the last. We took a photo from the side, too - but mine didn't turn out.)
(Yay, got a copy from Lindsi!)
Also, we celebrated my dad's birthday today. But I was so exhausted that we didn't take any photos! :-( Sorry dad!

Wish I could have been there! You pregnant gals look GREAT!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had a wonderful time at both the reunion and the shower. Wish I could have been there to help but.........sorry, our cruise took precedent!
ReplyDelete