A couple of months ago, after some searching, I found a prenatal yoga DVD to begin using 'when I wasn't so tired anymore.' Weeks passed and I was still tired, so I told myself that I need to at least begin walking more often. I started back to walking and was feeling quite out of shape, but obviously continued with it as the need for it was quite clear. Last weekend, I even danced the night away and had sore thighs after 'getting low' numerous times in my 2.5 inch heels. Of course, the fatigue continued on, but I realized that I needed even more exercise, and am trying to keep up with it some during a VERY busy month at work.
Well, last night, I had the house to myself (with Commissioner) for awhile after work and even felt somewhat energetic. So I heated some leftovers, got changed and popped in my prenatal yoga DVD - finally!
Now, I grew up doing ballet, and was still quite limber up until ...NOW, apparently! Sometimes in my dance classes, all we would do is stretching and yoga based workouts and those were my very favorite days. So I was fairly disappointed with myself at first, but as the session went on, I became more comfortable again and became more able to relax and stretch further into the given positions. Then, I thought I would surely be sore. But no! I felt better going to bed last night than I have since my last full body massage! And I still feel good today! My hips and legs and even my back feel a bit more loose and comfortable than my usual tense self. Thankfully, I did still have my handy yoga 'props' - like the brick, because you kind of need them in your second trimester to modify some of the poses.
I can't wait for my next 'workout' and recommend it highly to my pregnant friends!
6 years ago

I'm thrilled your doing a blog! I can't wait to hear all the news about you, Michael, Commissioner, and baby G.
ReplyDeleteYay for the blog! And I loved prenatal yoga! Keep it up and you will be happy. I could still do squats at 36 weeks when I delivered. Can't wait to hear all the news!
ReplyDeleteFinally got signed in! So happy you're doing this. We can't wait for the arrival of Baby G!
ReplyDelete