Thursday, September 3, 2009

New Beginnings

So, I'm taking the plunge and starting a blog in preparation for the new baby! 

I feel like if I start blogging from time to time now, then I'll be more in the habit of blogging once baby comes along.  I know JUST how excited our family and friends who are out of town will be to see all the updates on Baby G and how he or she is progressing.

To start, I am 22 weeks pregnant today - which means I'm due on January 7, 2010.  I'm over half-way there and while I no longer fit in my regular pants, I'm still not really 'showing' much yet.  I know the time will come though, and that this is something for which I should be grateful.  I do SO enjoy the ability to bend at the waist and I must cherish every moment of it.  Sleeping on my back or tummy is now an uncomfortable option, so my shoulders wind up getting a bit sore by the end of the night.  Of course, with all the pillows I now employ, I usually only switch sides once a night, because it is such a hassle when you're trying to remain as 'asleep' as possible.

The nursery is almost complete!  It looks just adorable in my humble opinion and has is almost finished so early, thanks to our moms, who will henceforth be known as 'GiGi' (I think - not sure of the spelling yet) for Michael's mom, and 'Marmena' for my mom.  The grandfathers will be known as 'Grandpa' for Michael's dad and 'Granddaddy Al Hodge' for mine.   

We are also very excited to be sharing this time with some of our closest friends who are also pregnant - Mandy and Nick, and more recently, Lindsi and Tyler!   Mandy is due in November, just under two months ahead of me and Lindsi is due in March, exactly two months after.  Such fun times ahead!

4 comments:

  1. Hurray..I was hoping someone would talk you into blogging....
    loved the first entries..looking forward to many more.. and lots of pictures
    Love, Marmina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the blog. And if you feel like you don't have anything to say, just post a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been keeping a journal for all of henry's milestones and whatnot. i highly recommend it, online or not. b/c between the myriad of changes and the lack of sleep, things you think you could NEVER forget will flit away, or at least the details tend to. at least for me. then again, i am much much older than you...!
    hopefully some day he'll appreciate reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. also, i remember being thankful once i was "showing" b/c i was beginning to just feel big, and needed the bump for it to make my brain stop making me feel "fat."

    AAAALLLSO, i highly recommend swimming, if you can find a place, it's a great pregnant exercise. i did it several times/week. takes the weight off your feet/joints.

    ReplyDelete