So, here are the long-awaited photos of Baby G's nursery! Keep in mind that the cradle will soon be in our room and we will be adding two full bookshelves to the right and left of the window and moving some of the art and the glider out further from the wall. Also, the books, currently in the bin on the floor and in piles beside it will, of course, be on the shelves (and the top of the dresser will also not be so crowded.
Commissioner has made herself at home while we've worked in the baby's room.
This cradle was made by my grandfather when I was born and has been used by me and my cousins, Sarah and Millie Kraft. It is such a sweet and special heirloom and I can't wait for Baby G to have his/her turn.
Gotta have a little UGA accent piece... don't worry, we have plent of Georgia Tech and Vanderbilt stuff, too!
Many thanks to Marmena for the beautiful artwork, to Marmena and GiGi for adding the crown molding and painting the room and all of you for the wonderful gifts for Baby G that currently fill the room, the closet and chest of drawers!

It is beautiful!!! How lucky you are to have such a talented Mother and Mother in law. Now all you need is a baby. Have a wonderful Christmas!
ReplyDeleteThe room is beautiful....now just missing one little thing.. :o)
ReplyDeleteLove Marmena
It looks so cute! I love all the accents that you've put in. The dresser is just precious.
ReplyDeleteLove, GiGi
I love the room!! Baby G is going to be so happy there! I expect some sound sleeping in that room. The art work is beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteYour mom's are is of course gorgeous as usual! It looks so cute!
ReplyDeleteI love the cradle! We had an heirloom bassinet and Charlotte wouldn't sleep a wink in it. Ever. I was so sad! MY SIL mentioned that putting it near the window might have helped, so if you have trouble with Baby G and the initial sleeping arrangements you might keep that in mind. We had to move Charlotte to the pak-n-play outside our room for the first 10 weeks. She wouldn't sleep a wink in our bedroom either!
I love your paint color!