As you can see from the photos below, Libby is mastering the sippy cup! We found the right cup, and with time and practice... we're really coming along.
Libby is also a master at finding impossibly small objects. She knows that they stand out from their surroundings. "One of these things is not like the others..." Well, yesterday she found my contact that popped out in the kitchen in the morning when I was rubbing my eyes. I looked around for it, but didn't see it. But last evening I noticed that she seemed to have something in her hand/mouth that she was sort of sucking on. Eureka! The dried up contact! ...have to watch this girl like a hawk!
In a similar category of small objects and putting them in her mouth, Libby's favorite lovey, her yellow blanket, has been dismantled slightly. It used to have little green fluff balls in the corners. Libby loved them so much that some of the small fringes that were tied to it began coming out. As the fluff balls became less dense, the fringes were easier to pull out. And put in her mouth (or sometimes throw outside of her crib at the end of her naps, along with her socks and the occasional animal blanket thing.) Anyway, finding several of these in her mouth at a time was a bit of a concern, particularly when she's been congested anyway, so slowly, I've had to cut them off. The good news is that Libby still loves her blanket! Whew.
She also demands to be carried around fairly constantly right now - she continues to appreciate a bird's eye view of the world. She points to anything, everything and honestly, sometimes nothing (or at least not paying attention to where she's pointing), wanting to know what it is. Mommy's lower back is getting a bit tired, but I'm getting better and better at doing more with a 19 pound attachment to my side. She even helped me rake and blow off the driveway yesterday! AND she's conquered her fear of the vacuum! Mommy is so proud and thankful!
Libby has also become quite the contortionist in a shopping cart. She LOVES sitting in shopping carts due to the freedom they provide, as well as the great view of things. I kind of wish I had one to roll around the house - the high chair just isn't that portable. But, after immediately removing her socks when in the cart (or anywhere), she slings her legs around, sometimes throwing one or two over the side bar and leans over - all with the belt around her. It's pretty impressive.
I also love how thick and long her hair is getting in the back. It is PRECIOUS when it's all wet in the bath.
She is also obsessed with the Bugs Bunny music box (Bugs is popping out of a cake in honor of Warner Brothers 50th Anniversary) on her bookshelf near the chair where we rock and feed her the bottle. She must hold it every time she's in the chair and give it kisses. Miss B also has managed to get him by the ear and scrape a bit of the paint off. That Wascally Baby!
That Wascally Baby is also down to three bottles a day! She's growing up SO FAST! ...and her naps are on a weird cycle at the moment. Basically, neither one is very long, or at least they haven't been over the last few days. Oh well.
She is SO MUCH FUN these days!

What a cute Miss B!! I'm so glad the sippy cup is going well!! I have two things to tell you - the most important one is BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR BACK! The doctor determined that my bulging disk is probably from carrying the P around. I said "that can't be right, some moms have 5 kids and carry every one." He informed me that it is so easy to do. Use your legs and don't try to juggle too much (for me it was usually 20 pound baby, 10 pound purse and 5 pound diaper bag :) The other thing I was going to say is try her on one nap a day at noon or one and see if she sleeps any longer...maybe she's trying to put herself on her big(ger) girl schedule :)
ReplyDelete