Monday, November 15, 2010

We Are... Climbing... Libby's... Staircase

And she's off!  After many months of interest and about three minutes of practice, Libby made it up four stairs!



She DID have a goal.  It was quite important that she see what was in the Target bag.

She also attended Ryan Arnold's first birthday party on Saturday.  I remember the night he was born!  And the many subsequent visits I made to the Arnold household.  But I don't know how they put up with me visiting that often.  Ryan's party was quite the bash and a great first birthday party for Libby.  (Though it set the bar kinda high for others.)  She loved playing with Ryan's old and new toys and she discovered helium balloons, too.  We were about an hour late since she decided to take a LONG nap that morning, but there was no way I was waking her up while she's sick.  She also looked pretty pitiful and slightly like she had some version of the plague, so we didn't stay too terribly long with other vulnerable children around.

GiGi and Papa came to stay and play with her this weekend, too.  Thank goodness that they did, because they helped me get some appropriate medication for my cough/cold/sinus issue and let me sleep in a bit, as well.  Hopefully I'm on the road to feeling much, much better by tomorrow.  That's a good thing since Michael tells me they chatted about how she has a busy week of climbing and playing in store.

Tomorrow we're off to a checkup at Dr. Licata's office.  It's taken her antibiotic awhile, but yesterday it seemed that she finally started to turn the corner.  In the meantime, I could have used some stock in boogie wipes.  Poor girl.  I hope he has good news about her ears.  It has been so sad for her mommy to see her so sick.  She's been a real trooper though, as always.

Michael's home all week this week, so we're pretty excited about that.  And I can't believe that Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner.  They will be so special with Miss B to share them with this year.

2 comments:

  1. What a big, strong, grown up and curious little girl! She just wants to know everything and see everything for herself! Plus she's really showing some interest in reading. One of my favorites. Love, GiGi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad both of you are feeling better! It's so hard when your little one is sick, and triple hard when you are too.

    ReplyDelete