As I mentioned more than a few blog posts ago, each day seems more special now that Miss B is a part of our lives. So I have been looking forward to Thanksgiving with great expectations. I was not disappointed.
Miss B's great-grandparents on my side were able to make it from Savannah to Rome again for Thanksgiving. I know they were as excited to see Libby as I was excited to share her with them. She's grown a lot since May and her little personality has grown, too. While she enjoyed her special walk outside to see all of the trees, leaves and other plants with Boobus, I think the part she enjoyed most was climbing up and down the step from the den to the living room. She loved showing off her talent and strength and especially getting to help applaud herself this time after her efforts!
That's right, my baby girl is clapping and it's just adorable.
She also got to taste cushaw pie for the first time. Cushaw is a type of winter squash and it's a tradition in my family to make a pie out of it (sort of like pumpkin, but better!) Below is a photo of Libby and the prized cushaw I found, pre-baking.
And got to taste my mac and cheese (which is actually Mema's recipe), along with eat it from her OWN PLATE, sitting on her tray right in front of her for the first time. (CORRECTION- this recipe is not Mema's but rather from Perennials cookbook.) (Perhaps she could have done this a bit sooner, but why rush things...?) I typically just put the food directly on the tray if it's finger-food. But she definitely enjoyed herself!
Libby also had a great time staying with GiGi and Papa and worked on her skills of attaching magnets to the refrigerator while being either cheered or boo'ed by Papa, depending on her accuracy. She loved it!
Michael and I decided that she was most thankful this year for Commissioner Gordon.
On Friday we got to see our friends the Beavers and Conrad's for a few minutes at our favorite Rome restaurant, Schroeder's. Michael and I also managed a date night to the bowling alley after we put Miss B to bed on Friday night. We used to be regulars at the alley in high school and when we came home during college, but this time we added margaritas at our favorite mexican restaurant, too!
On Saturday, she helped us decorate Marmena and Granddaddy's Christmas tree and was amazed this morning to find a fully decorated one at her house, too!
We're all decorated for Christmas except for the outside, but we'll have that finished by next weekend. It was nice to break the decorating up by doing the tree last night and the rest today, though I felt like I was going at half-speed. I find myself with a cold, but Michael let me sleep in really late today and helped a lot with the hauling of boxes from the attic and playing with Miss B while the decorating went on.
There was some debate of which decorations to use due to the natural curiosity of our little elf, but we're having Christmas here with Libby's grandparents coming, plus it IS her first Christmas, so we went all out. So far, I'm glad that we did. It puts me in such a festive mood! We'll see how festive I remain should Libby attempt to climb the tree. Now I just have to figure out which goodies I'm going to make this year food-wise - and when!!!
Christmas is just around the corner and with my list to-do list, I really appreciated being so well taken care of my my parents and in-laws over our Thanksgiving.
We are so very thankful for the many blessings we have received this year.
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment