10 months old!
And Miss B has her first ear infection. It began as a runny nose (sinus infection, as it turns out), then the snottiness got increasingly sick-looking and Libby was having real trouble eating and less of an appetite, and was getting tired a little more easily - but I figured with a cold and the time change, that made sense. Well, I called the doctor about it yesterday and they said to get that baby in the office! So, we went, she cheerfully played around the room as we waited on our doctor. He came in, checked her ears - and said there was an infection in both! I was shocked- and felt like a terrible mother. How could I not know?!
She's just been so cheerful if a little tired, that I didn't know. After talking to a few mom friends with more experience with ear infections, I found that this is often the case until it gets really bad. So perhaps we caught it early-ish. Also, it was fun to find out that Libby weighs 19 lbs. now! I just wish they'd measured her height, as well - she's had another growth spurt and I'm not very accurate with my measuring attempts.
And today, I put her to the test. I ordered new windows for three of our worst downstairs windows several weeks ago and on Monday, I confirmed their installation for today. Well, I'm pretty exhausted from the clean up jobs (and there's still some painting and touch-ups to do) but Libby was a trooper! We mainly stayed upstairs unless I was trying to feed her some solid food (a LOT of Cheerios have been consumed over the last few days). She's been SO loving - even more than usual - which is pretty heartwarming. Lots of cuddling and hugs and kisses. Also a bit needier as nap time or bedtime approach, but isn't a mom's job to be needed?
As for her food, lately, she has preferred yogurt mixed with fruit if she accepts spoon-feeding, as long as you are also constantly entertaining her in other ways. She also likes to feed mommy in addition to feeding herself. Very thoughtful!
In addition to today's window festivities, we also got to have a visit with sweet Mandy! She brought us some homemade soup and cornbread and came to play with Miss B for a little while. What a great thing friends are. Just when I needed her, there she was. AND Daddy came home from being out of town for the last several days and was lucky to make it in just before Libby went to bed. Lucky guy. He got the benefit of her sick pre-bed, special love. Let me tell you... there is nothing better in this world!
6 years ago

You shouldn't feel bad! You never know what's going on, and even when they start to talk, you still can't tell. I hear that's especially true with ear infections. Glad you got some meds! You'll have plenty of times when you take them to the Dr. and it's nothing, and then times when you don't and that's when it always turns into the plague or something! Hope she is back to normal soon!
ReplyDeleteHope that Miss Baby gets to feel better soon. And I'm sure that if her ear infections were not in the early stage, she would have surely let you know! She is so sweet, even when she's not feeling well. Love, GiGi
ReplyDelete