Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Funny Valentine

Libby Gordon!

Overwhelmed with love for my Libby.

Boy did she sleep a lot today - 4.5 hours of day sleep.  Plus asking to be put to bed early each time by climbing the stairs.  Too stinking cute and funny!  (And perhaps a bit sad.)  What's with all the fatigue?!  Perhaps the outdoor play combined with teething?  We've done a lot with the wagon outside over the last few days, much to Libby's delight and Commissioner's dismay.  

She's saying, "DAdadada" a lot more and specifically in reference to Michael.  But it shouldn't be confused with the higher-pitched "DOG."  (They really do sound similar.)  She's also saying, "Booooo!"  (As opposed to "Yay" - for that she just claps.)  Her Papa taught her that, with reinforcement from her Daddy and Gigi (okay, and sometimes Mommy.)  They "boo" when she starts to put a shaped block in the wrong hole, for instance.  And cheer when it goes in the right one.  She also says, "Mmmama" and similar things to me, mostly when she's sad because I'm not feeding her quickly enough or giving her something else that she wants quickly enough when she's in her high chair.


1 comment:

  1. How cute! I love that she's starting to talk. Such a precocious little girl. I'd like to say I'm sorry about the "Boo" thing but it's so funny when she says it, I just have to encourage it. I'm trying to get her to say "GiGi" but so far, nothing yet! But DAdada and Mmmama I have heard. Love, GiGi

    ReplyDelete