Holy Cow.
This week has been insane. Libby has mild bronchitis (we discovered after a trip to the doctor on Tuesday) and I have an upper respiratory infection.
It seemed the refrigerator was fritzing out again, so Ken came out Wednesday afternoon to diagnose and this evening to fix it. Fortunately, I can hopefully write off refrigerator problems for a long time. It was the control board that was the problem (of course it wasn't something small), but at least we don't have to go through the panic-inducing "clear out the fridge and freezer before everything spoils" again soon. (Knock on wood.) And it didn't take too long to fix, either!
Also on Tuesday, we had the door from the house to the garage replaced. It should have always been exterior-door grade, but it was an interior door when we bought the house (redic). It's always bugged me, but became a real problem after we redid the floors in there this summer after our big leak issue, because there was a huge crack between the bottom of the door and the floor. The dryer vent also empties into the garage right next to the big garage car door and near this back door, so in the summer, all that humidity was coming right back into the house! And this winter it's been freezing in there, so we've had to try to keep a towel up against the door, but since we're in and out of it quite frequently, it wasn't great. In addition to being tacky and annoying. Also, the vent cover broke off this past fall and I hadn't gotten around to properly installing the new cover. So our handyman did that while he was here, too. Let me tell you - I am in LOVE with the new door. I wish we'd just forked over the money sooner. Oh - and did I mention that the door is only 30 inches wide, where most exterior doors like that are 32 inches? I swear, this house is extra-specially "unique." Perhaps when we're really old and go to sell it, I'll have to work that word into the description as if it was a positive thing.
And Libby visited a dentist the very first time this week, despite being sick and tired and she was a complete trooper! She has (now had) a decent bit of stain on her teeth from her liquid iron vitamins. (We've now switched to Flinstone's since she's not an infant any longer.) But they did work hard, so hopefully we can keep those pearly whites extra pearly! She picked a green pouch with green toothbrush, timer and shark toothbrush head cover. And the hygienist and dentist were so impressed with her, they gave her toy ring and three stickers! She also loved the DOG the dentist brings in. She mostly stays in the dentists personal office and she's a wheaten terrier named Maggie and she's 12. Libby loved her. They gave her sunglasses to wear for the cleaning, too!
This morning, I got to attend the Metro Atlanta Kick-off of American Cancer Society's "Cancer Prevention Study-3" that our friend, Lindsi, is working on. And I encourage you to sign up to participate here: http://www.cps3atlanta.com before March 1, 2013 - since enrollment is March 1 - 15. I have already signed up for my appointment and it's a great way to fight back against cancer and help keep our kids and grandkids healthy!
Here's Lindsi's big speech! She looked beautiful, too.
And Libby was featured at the event along with Ty! Okay, just in a photo, but it was pretty cute. I also got to sit with Pete van Wieren and I look forward to sharing a photo I got with him when I get it. Yes, I nerded out and was unprofessional about that.
Since I was at the event early and had to work part of the day, Michael got to take Libby to school (BIG thanks to him since it's his crazy busy time at work.) Here's her morning before-school photo. Michael says her expression accurately represents her confidence in his abilities to get her ready and to school.
Meanwhile, while I expected work to be busy this week - it's been even busier that I expected. Honestly, just keeping up with e-mails has been more than a full-time job (and I've been at the office more to try to make it better, too - to no avail.) I hope to rest a little this weekend, but I may just be playing catch-up with other "need to do" items that I didn't get done this week. Michael and I look forward to cheering on the Falcons (from home) on Sunday! And... I do have fun plans for Miss B on Monday assuming we're all feeling up to it. I can't wait for that.
6 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment