Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Dragons and Turtles and Swimming, Oh My

So yesterday, Libby had to run a bunch of errands with me... but we did have a good time. We got to meet our friend, Nadine, for lunch at a new spot to the area, and new spot to us. Libby loved her fresh-made apple sauce and gourmet mac & cheese (along with her minty brownie, that we all split!) and I enjoyed my turkey BLT and out-of-this-world brussels sprouts! We still had a very nice time the rest of the day, played and had an all-around good time.

But TODAY... she got to play with Sarah all day until nap time while I ran errands and did some work and then got to play with Diddy as a surprise visitor after her nap!

Libby and Sarah spent the morning building tents (Sarah) and tearing them down (Libby). They also played with Libby's new turtle Sarah brought her from Destin! Libby named it "Turtle."


Sarah took photos all day - thanks, girl! She accompanied us to Libby's swim lesson, too. This was Libby's last lesson out of 10 for this first part of the summer. Libby showed off her stuff for Sarah. She jumped and swam and pulled her self up over and over again.


Libby enjoyed her last lesson and boy did she work. Libby swam the entire length of the pool, both directions, in addition to a ton of other swimming beforehand (and jumping.) She didn't touch the wall, her teacher, or anything else. She just swam it, taking breaths, of course. Her stroke technique isn't there- ha - but she was SO good! It was really impressive and really pretty speedy. Her teacher said she completed her certification swim right there- ha! I am so proud. She'll be racing me in no time.

You'd think between the morning and that, she'd be worn out, but she had her lunch and was ready to play outside with Sarah!

They made flower/weed necklaces. See Commissioner modeling hers below!


They even played a new game Sarah introduced, and Libby contributed to, and stuck with throughout the rest of the day - she even had Diddy play it with her. Here's the scenario: Commissioner was the dragon, and they had to get from the tree roots to the "boat" (side chairs/table on the patio) without the dragon getting them, while the grass was fire! I can't at the moment, recall what the slide was, but the trampoline was the mountains. Pretty funny stuff.




Diddy, like Sarah, got to chase the dog around and then the two of them also found more four-leaf clovers! I think Diddy found two... but then I found the first one I've ever found! I was probably more excited than I should have been.  :)  Libby also made some "dragon food" this evening using leafs, bark and various other greenery - so she treats her dragon well after chasing them all the time. Now, Libby does get to spend most of the weekend coming up with Diddy anyway, but we were so happy to have him for a little visit today, too.

Tomorrow, we get to visit with Maeby again - well, getting measurements on me and hearing the heartbeat anyway. I wish I ever had questions for the doctor or midwife. It's make the trip feel a bit more worthwhile- though I'm always happy to hear the heartbeat and reassure myself that baby is indeed growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment