Yep, so sometimes we have to joke about "putting a cork in it" for the guy if he's being whiny or fussy. When he pulls it out, there's also generally plenty of drool behind it, so it also stops up the drool while it's in there. Kind of a little joke in our house as it makes him so happy.
Last week, Libby and her admirers put her tennis racquets to use and headed over to the neighborhood courts. And of course, Wimbledon has been on a bit lately when Vanderbilt isn't winning SEC National Championships for baseball and World Cup matches aren't on. So, this morning, on our semi-impromtu "Mommy-Daughter Day" (henceforth referred to as MDD), we went to our favorite local biscuit spot where Libby enjoyed a hashbrown and a half, along with a big butter biscuit (after she'd eaten plenty of cantaloupe already at home... yes, believe she's growth spurting again, based on the speed and amount of her food consumption this week) there were four tv's on and by the time we sat down, they were all on Wimbledon, just as our tv had been at home. Her line? "It's just tennis, tennis, tennis. Everywhere. But it's okay, because I like tennis. Well, I like watching it."
Her cheering section!
Libby did say that she had a really fun time, so I hope we'll be able to get her to do more of taht. She's better at hitting the balls when she drops it in front of her racquet, but you gotta start somewhere, right?!
So Michael's been home this week and on Monday he tried to take them to the spray ground a few minutes away. However, after about 10 or 15 minutes of play time, a huge, soaking, long-lasting storm popped over them, so they made the best of it, a bit soggy, at Zaxby's for lunch instead.
Thinking that Libby would want to go back since her time was cut short, Michael suggested that I might want to take her for a MDD today while he went to Cedartown with Matthew to golf with Papa and Matthew could hang with Gigi. Well, a MDD sounded awesome to me. Work's light this week, so I thought we could really have a big special day.
It began a bit slow but it was nice to take it easy with Daddy and Matthew for awhile. We hit the breakfast spot and I even managed to squeeze in one other little errand (or three, as it turned out) as the day progressed. But after breakfast, we were off to the sprayground!
Well, after 15 minutes, Libby wanted to run over outside of the enclosure to just the playground... where we spent the next 45 minutes before she was just ready to go. Thankfully, the sprayground is cheap. But I asked her why she was ready to go already and didn't want to go back in, etc. "Well, you see, Daddy just took me to do this the other day."
So there ya go.
We did go to the pool though. I was determined to do something fun, and normally I'm not as able to concentrate on only her these days. But she was a little disappointed we weren't all together. Michael had to go in to work yesterday (though came home early for us and the USA vs. Belgium World Cup match! Truly exciting, even if the end didn't work out.) And he and Matthew were at Gigi & Papa's today, so she asked me, "When will we all be home together again?"
The little girl really is always out for fun, but she does love just enjoying home together. We've been playing Rudolph Memory Matching game every day at least once, often more than that recently, or Candy Land most evenings between Matthew's bedtime and hers. It has really been fun and she handles it well no matter who wins. Though she definitely prefers to do so.
And one more thing today... we were discussing whether to go to the pool before her nap or right after and she decided before would be better. She was apparently hoping that Michael would take her after dinner tonight. When I assured here that wouldn't be the case today, she said that he actually might. "Daddy's always thinking of crazy things to do like that."
Are. You. Kidding. Me.
Such is life when you're stuck being boring mom who works most hours of most days to ensure her fun and happiness, I guess. Well, she does repay with great love even if I don't think of crazy things all the time like Daddy.
And she was so happy to see Matthew back tonight, too. She was mugging on him and said, "Oh I missed this cute head!"
Yesterday we did have fun you know! The back yard was our little water park. We had crazy daisy sprinkler going and we cleaned up the baby pool to use. We managed a solid hour of entertainment out of it, so I think that was pretty good.
I guess the dog days of summer are here!






No comments:
Post a Comment