Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A Fair Is a Veritable Smorgasbord...

And so is a stay at Mimi's!

Mimi and Diddy kept my babes last weekend so Michael and I could go to the UGA v. Vandy game in Athens. We also saw "Gone Girl," a book we both actually read, on it's opening night! Pretty huge weekend.

But back to the kids. Mimi and Matthew picked up Libby from school on Friday (after they'd had to make a special trip earlier in the morning to make sure she got her book bag, which was left behind by us at early drop-off time. Oops. They also got to bring "Floey" the the class pet, home with Libby to Rome for the weekend. Because she was "Star Student" that week, she got the pet (that we also got to fill in the journal for) for the weekend. She'd been looking forward to this exciting opportunity all week. I think I neglected to mention it to Mimi, so that was a special surprise for her, too. Thankfully, she took notes to ensure Floey's weekend was well-documented, complete with photos for the aforementioned journal entry.

So, here's the journal entry, that also fills you in on many aspects of the weekend:

Libby's Big Weekend w/Floey

I got to bring Floey to Rome, Ga., this weekend, because my brother, Matthew, and I spent the weekend with our grandparents there, Mimi & Diddy! 

On Friday night, we played card games, such as "Battle" and "Slap Jack," watched "A Bug's Life" and Floey even met my great-grandparents, Mema & Boobus. 



Floey slept next to me on Friday night, too. And before bed, we also squeezed in a hide & seek game with Floey hiding under the sofa, on the top of a chair and all kinds of crazy spots! 

On Saturday morning, Floey joined me while I had milk and watched "Cinderella" before I went to the Fair with Diddy. Floey stayed behind to play with Mimi and Matthew for the day. We thought she might get too cold. She chased bubbles with Matthew on Mimi and Diddy's deck while I was gone, too! 

All weekend, I fed Floey when she was hungry, gave her the bone to chew, and Floey liked using her dog bowl. 

After the fair, she also took a nap with me (she napped with me on Sunday, too!) 

On Saturday night, Floey got to watch "Toy Story" with us. We skipped the popcorn and instead drank hot chocolate with milk. 

On Sunday, Floey went to church with us and went up to the front of the church for children's sermon, where I answered a question about duck tape! She even greeted Mama at the door with us when she came to get us to and celebrate Diddy's birthday with us. 


 
Mimi made a special dinner with fried chicken for Diddy's birthday, but Floey just ate her dog bone. We played some more and then she rode home with us, and she got ready for bed while I did. She also met our dog, Commissioner! 

We had a great, fun weekend together and I home she'll come back again some day. 

Now, back to the Fair!

Libby has been so excited to tell everyone about the fair. We didn't get to take her last year, or this year, to our local fair, so I'm glad she got to go again in Rome! Libby rode the Ferris Wheel (three times) and was amazed to see Mema & Boobus' house from the top! She also rode bumper boats, a jalopy ride, did two fun houses, a labyrinth, rode the carousel twice did the speed racer ride, Yellow Submarine and Tea Cups. She also had her first cotton candy, which she described as tasting "cottony." 












She also did a balloon ride, visited art exhibits, saw okra and other produce and saw lots of animals. The animals were Brahma Bulls, goats, sheep, cows, chickens, hogs, bigs and a donkey. 





Michael and I got to do a lot of catching up with friends in Athens, too. We sat with one of his co-workers, Kris, and his wife, Bev, with whom we usually attend the NCBA Convention in June. We also got to catch up with Drew and Ben, John Scott Husser and Sarah, and Mandy & Nick! We also briefly saw some of my current and former co-workers. I sadly have no photos of any of that. It was pretty darn cool that day, especially when you're as foolish as I, who may have worn a sundress. I did wear a sweater and bring a scarf, though. The scarf was used to cover my legs as we sat the entire game in the shade and high enough for a breeze... We had a really great time, though.

And we seriously missed our babies. I was very happy to get to them on Sunday, and to get to celebrate Diddy's birthday finally. 

I've moved on thinking out more details for Matthew's birthday party. It's a lot easier to do that than to dwell on the fact that he will be one whole year old in a week and a half. And that he now has four teeth. But goodness is he fun! 

It has been such a joy to my heart to watch him and Libby's love for each other. It is all I dared hope and more. They've even been taking their bath together much more frequently and that makes me so happy. His sweet spirit is much appreciated by his big sister and all of us. She talks non-stop about his sweetness and about how God gave us the perfect baby for our family. 

We decorated for Halloween tonight and Libby made sure his portrait picture currently on the mantel was only moved for the time-being, and not put away for any period of time at all. 

I just love them. And now I have to stop before I start crying too hard before bedtime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment