Well, before I take a month-and-a-half step back to Christmas, I have to say, we've seen some unseasonably warm weather around here off and on the last week or two. On Wednesday, I had a minute to breathe, and I took the kids outside to the park after Matthew and I picked B from from school and did just that: breathe. We breathed in some fresh air and had some fun outside!
Same photo: two ways.
I know that kids are loving by nature, but I really can't imagine two more loving children, with others or each other, than this pair. They fill my heart to overwhelming proportions.
And Matthew is just repeating everything now. And sometimes he says words and things and I know exactly what they are. Communication through words with your child is truly a blessing.
Back to Christmas...
It began much better than last year since we had no Commissioner drama (don't think we didn't hold our breaths when we let her out before bed), and we were much better rested, too.
I think we rather tortured Libby a bit before we let her come downstairs. But eventually, after we got up, read the Bible, got robes on, I let the dog out, got the cameras set up, etc., we finally let them down!
As you can see, Libby and Matthew must have been VERY good in 2014! The bubbles have almost all been used up. The clothes and socks are worn regularly. The jump rope has come in handy and many of the treats have been eaten, too. Libby loves her new books and she's doing incredibly well on her bike (so far with the training wheels), and last weekend I moved them up as high as they can go - so we'll get a real feel now). The fake snow was used later that morning and she played with it for many fun days! Matthew loves his rake. And he's had fun with his ride-on loader. Of course, they've also had fun with each other's toys...
Libby's haul...
And Matthew's...
Already doing tricks on her bike!
But we loved Libby's gifts for us the best!
Check out the shirt Matthew picked out for Miss B, "best Sister Ever!"
Libby got a beautiful music box to remember her special trip to Disney World from us. Of course, while the Santa haul was large, the gifts from us we had mostly already given earlier in the month with our big trip.
I think we had to stop part-way through the morning fun to have a break and eat breakfast, and then Libby was just eager for her grandparents to arrive. Libby didn't even change before they first arrived so that she could show off her Christmas pj's. But she changed shortly after. I made a yum new recipe that was a sausage and croissant casserole. Everyone enjoyed it... except Libby. Who could know? It's okay though, she ate some candy and stuff.
We actually didn't get nearly as many Christmas photos as in years past. Must have still be overwhelmed by the number of Disney ones. Whew.
Libby got these fun "Frozen" books that she's worn most days since about a week or so after Christmas.
Matthew was so ready to eat his marshmallow-covered Santa that he couldn't even wait for it to be unwrapped!
And he got this fun musical light-up Santa wand that he has very much enjoyed since then. Lil' Bouck! They both got these cute tackle boxes that they can carry around with their many small treasures stuffed inside.
And Libby had at one point asked for her own coaster for her milk cup, etc. So Mimi made her an entire set of her own with photos on them! Her "favorite" one has changed a few times, but often it's one from last Easter featuring Libby, Matthew, Michael, Papa and Diddy!
While the kiddos napped in the afternoon, their last present from their grandparents was worked on!
Matthew liked it right away! Libby was funny about it and sort of ignored it at first.
But by the next day, they were picnicking at it!
We had our traditional fried chicken dinner, but this year, I actually had to fry it again. Shoot.
After the babes went to bed, we watched "Miracle on 34th Street" (which I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to look at the same again after all of the hilarious commentary going on throughout. Thank goodness for bourbon slush... or wine... or whatever I was drinking that got Michael and me through.)
The next morning was a breakfast delight and then it was time for Libby to try out her new bike before her great-grandparents left!
She really did a great job and has enjoyed riding it! We haven't had a ton of good opportunities to ride yet, but we've even had to move the training wheels to the highest setting.
We've been very proud of her progress. I need to get another video of her for sure! She's doing much better at turning, not falling over into the neighbors' yard at the bottom of the hill/end of the road (though for her, that's actually part of the fun) and pedaling up the steady incline of our road.
It was a fun Christmas!
6 years ago















No comments:
Post a Comment