Thursday, February 19, 2015

Libby's 5th Birthday - and Party Prep

Libby turned five right on her birthday, as always! We were all very excited for her, as she had been looking forward to it for awhile. But the last five years went just WAY too fast. Seriously. It was also record-setting cold (I think I only learned that yesterday, which was also a record-setting cold day.) But still- it was cold, and fitting for her history. 

For dinner, her request was Chick-fil-A for dinner. Michael picked it up on his way home from work. I believe she requested chocolate milk with her nuggets and fries. 


After dinner, she put on her birthday crown from school (where she brought chocolate mini-donuts for the kids to celebrate.) 

She received some great gifts - in addition to the Disney trip, of course. "Tangled," some cute clothes, 


A new book, "A Birthday for Frances!"


She also got some slippers... that are such fun! Of course, she wears them only when she prefers and not necessarily when she should, but Anna and Elsa slippers - with Olaf socks - are so cute!



And more fun socks that fit!


And at school, she got to pick a special gift from the birthday box! She picked a bee magnifying glass. She also had a slice of chocolate special birthday cake before we made her cupcakes the next day for the big birthday party on Saturday.


Oh Miss B, we love you so. Your Mama and Daddy, your little brother and your puppy-- we love your funnies, your smiles, your hugs, your frowns, your kisses, your highs and lows. We are so lucky to be part of your life. All the parts of it.

One of my favorite parts of celebrating your birthday now that you're a bit older and excited about cooking and baking, is making your cake and cupcakes. Every year it's a fun new challenge and I wonder how they will turn out. This year though, I wasn't worried about it. I knew they'd turn out just fine. And decorating your cupcakes after dinner on Friday night was SUCH fun again! We put on music television and flipped until we got good songs on. I believe at one point you told me I needed to "get to work, and stop dancing!"

No prep photos because we were too busy with our activites!

We DID have a bunch of cupcakes to decorate. And you did a super-duper good job! Our prep on Friday night set the one for a great party on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment