We've had some weather teases over the last few weeks here - typical February. We've even had a few no school days that turned out to be nothing.
Today was not one of those days!
Snow on the ground first thing this morning -- and it kept falling! Unfortunately, Michael was supposed to work out of town this week, but the weather is even worse there. I know it puts him behind and he'll have to go another time, but I'm glad he'll be with us and I'm glad he was able to play with the kids in the snow some this morning! It was awesome to get up on a weekday morning and make a nice breakfast because no one was going anywhere for awhile.
Matthew was mesmerized watching the big snowflakes falling while we ate. Of course, I switched on the camera just after he got back to eating.
After breakfast we got dressed and went out to brave the whole inch of snow.
Table top snow man!
Never too cold for the trampoline!
We were out for maybe half an hour and Libby went back out for about five minutes later in the day, but otherwise, we mostly stayed inside.
Michael also went to work after lunch. But before he did that, I ran to the grocery store from a few things, including fixin's to make taco soup for dinner. It was a huge hit and Matthew literally picked up his bowl and tipped it to his mouth to eat it all by the end. That guy is a hoot.
And have I mentioned that he is a parrot? Repeats everything!
Libby got to enjoy her snow day with lots of playing, some hot chocolate after our long morning snow experience, and with a visit from MK from across the street and a friend of hers. They came over to play for a bit this afternoon!
Now school is out again tomorrow because it's supposed to snow sometime during the school day. Current projections range from rain/ice to 6 inches of snow! We will see.
I'm also gonna post a photo or two (or more, apparently) mom took of us before an Oscar Gala we got to attend on Sunday evening. It was a nice event, but the best part was definitely getting all dressed up.
Marie's team:
Stylists: Cheryl Riner Hodge, Libby Gordon, Michael Gordon
Make-up: Marie Gordon, Cheryl Riner Hodge
Hair: Marie Gordon
Jewels: Cheryl Riner Hodge, Marie Gordon
Designer: off brand; wore the dress in Amanda Tedrow's wedding with a blue wrap nine years ago!
Michael's team:
Designer: Jos. A. Bank
Hair: Michael Gordon
Stylists: Michael Gordon, Marie Gordon
Being silly!
6 years ago

I LOVE the next to last picture.
ReplyDelete