In a different path than his sister, Matthew practiced in class, and his teachers verified this. Ms. Lynne said that he'd be toward the middle of the stage because he sings out loud. That didn't happen as they walked in, but he was as super cute as ever.
Before school, I was going to snap a quick picture of him for Michael, who was sadly out of town for work and couldn't attend the performance. Well, foyer along wasn't good enough. Matthew hold me, "I want to go outside and take it at the front door!
So, out we went.
When I dropped Matthew off at class, his teachers practically swooned, much to his delight, and told him how handsome he looked all dressed up. I mean, his regular school wear is "comfy pants" and a t-shirt, so there was a couple of steps up- especially with the bow tie that he wanted to wear.
Mimi and Diddy arrived pretty early to make sure we got good seats - and boy did we! Front row, center!
The little girl in the red dress in front of Matthew is Scarlett, the little girl we are always hearing about after school. Matthew often tells us that they played together, or that he hugged her... or gave her a kiss! Scarlett must play it cool, because her parents were surprised to hear that we heard about her regularly. The tiny girl up front is also in Matthew's class, and she made frequent trips to visit her parents. The little guy up front with the cream sweater had a tough time right at first, but after he rallied, he sure was into it! And the girl on the front row on the far left, kept falling off her little kneeler.
Matthew had a few yawns toward the end, very much like his big sister in her performances.
When I went up to get him after the performance, Matthew gave me the biggest hug around the neck and told me, "I love you, Mama!" He is the sweetest Valentine! What a loving little guy he is.
We got a few pics with Mimi and Diddy, and then it was time for cookies. I believe Matthew had four, but I know that he had at least three. He was barely hungry at all for the Chick-fil-A we took him to for his celebratory meal. But he did have plenty of energy for the play place. And he made another new friend, who was a slightly older girl who had to give him a big hug at the end and tell him that she didn't want him to leave. So.
We are so proud of our little guy!

No comments:
Post a Comment