Friday, January 1, 2010

All is Quiet on New Year's Day

Okay, so forgive me for ripping off U2 lyrics, but c'mon, I think it's an appropriate title.  Michael and I had a low-key New Year's Eve last night.  I made a casserole so that we could have half now and I could freeze the other half for after Baby G arrives.  We watched "Rear Window" on TCM, "When Harry Met Sally," as is my New Year's Eve/Day tradition, then I finished a great book I've been reading and Michael watched football.  We actually watched the last few minutes of "Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve" from bed and promptly fell asleep.

I got over four consecutive hours of sleep - which is a huge victory as of late - and then we slept in, with Commissioner joining us for the last couple of hours which is always a treat for all of us.  This morning, I made waffles and we had a nice breakfast while we watched a "Frasier" rerun, got a few little things done and now Michael is watching the bowl games.  It is a beautiful day outside which is so nice, too.  Perhaps we'll bundle up and take a walk later.  (I've been trying to walk, whether indoors or out, a lot lately to stay in shape and speed things along...) 

Last year, we had our friends Katie & Matt from Charleston staying with us.  While I enjoy cooking challenges, after throwing a party here on New Year's Eve and making vegan french toast for all of us staying here for breakfast, (Tyler & Lindsi were here, too!) I was not in the mood to make a vegan New Year's Day meal, so we went to Scalini's for some Italian delights.  Well, Scalini's is supposedly famous for their eggplant parmesan sending women into labor.  It just so happens that I LOVE eggplant parmesan anyway, and Michael doesn't really enjoy a 'traditional' New Year's Day meal, except for the pork.  So, tonight, we will officially make a trip to Scalini's our New Year's Day meal tradition.  Perhaps that will turn tomorrow into a more eventful day?

Now I think I'm off to start work on Baby G's stocking.  What a nice, if uneventful, start to 2010.  

Happy New Year to all!


PS- PLANS THWARTED!  SCALINI'S WAS CLOSED!!!  So, we're going to try again tomorrow...



1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to the Gordon's...
    just a thought you should take pictures of the stocking as it progresses....especially the first ones...people will be so impressed when they see the finished product...

    ReplyDelete