Friday, January 29, 2010

Our Strong Baby Girl

Another good week with Libby!  She just gets better every day - and I can't believe how quickly time is flying!  Today is her three week birthday!

While we didn't have a doctor's appointment today, I know she's growing like a champ- especially in length - because she's about to outgrow her newborn clothes length-wise, if not filling them out completely.  GiGi agrees that our baby has grown just since she arrived to stay with us last Sunday.  

Ahh- another week of professional mom help has been wonderful!  Of course, I want to do everything myself; but that's still pretty difficult at this point.  With help, that means my house is still clean and laundry is caught up - along with the dishes - and the ability to not just eat food every night - but good, healthy food to feed a very busy and hard-working daddy, a mommy who's trying to get back to pre-pregnancy weight in a healthy way and to a baby, via mommy (with some help from formula).   Speaking of - I'm back to pre-pregnancy jeans and just have a few pounds to go.  All this with my only exercise being carrying Libby around some, walking up and down the stairs and taking her out for walks as many days as possible (which is not every day, due to weather or other circumstances) and no truly conscious workout efforts (since I'm not really allowed to do that yet, anyway).  I think I eat a lot healthier when I'm not at work! 

Libby is getting her workouts in though during her tummy time on my chest, on her pack & play changing table and on the floor.  Just watch her crawl!!!  


See?!  I told you she's strong!  Okay, it's more of a "worm," - but still - all I'm doing here is giving her legs a backstop to push off of.  And while this particular video doesn't show it, she'll push up with her arms to lift her head a look around for long periods of time if there's something to look at and generally holds her head up a lot when she's awake.  No wonder she's such a good sleeper - she wears herself out when she's awake!


What else?  Libby slept through her first State of the Union address this week and met several more friends - Mrs. Kerry Penn, Mrs. Betty Voyles and Mrs. Anne Voyles, who helped us find the perfect house in which to raise her!  Of course, I'm so proud and still amazed at every little movement and expression she makes.  I could watch her for hours!  (And I guess, I pretty much do.  Like I said, we're enjoying the help while we have it.) 

We've had some exciting episodes with spit-up and poop this week, too!  (I'll spare you those details this time).

Commissioner seems to have resigned herself to Libby's continued presence.  She likes to check on her while she naps and is always interested when we put her on the floor.  But when Libby's up in our arms or on the sofa with us, Commissioner is jumping on our legs or trying to join us on the sofa, too.  Most of the time one of us gives in.  Hey- don't judge - you would, too!

Signing off for now, but hope to get another post in this weekend.
 

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, I miss one week of seeing my baby and look what happens.....she is just growing way to fast...I can't wait to see her tomorrow..
    Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. GiGi had such fun this last week. Libby is a perfect baby- so adorable, loving, and strong! She's a joy to watch. And Mommy and Daddy are great with her.

    ReplyDelete